PDA

View Full Version : google calendar sync issue

From A Buick 8
Jan 8, 2011, 07:49 PM
Ok I am trying to use google calendar, The problem I am having is with getting the cal on the iPad to sync with my google calendar. It works the other way fine, which is to say I can make an entry in google and that will sync down to my iPad fine. But if I make an entry in the iPad cal that will not show up in the google calendar.

Should I be using the google calendar client on the iPad, it cost $6.99 but would using that make the sync part work better.

From A Buick 8
Jan 9, 2011, 06:09 PM
No one, the sync working well for you. How about this to garner a response " iPad 2".

chrisgeleven
Jan 9, 2011, 06:30 PM
Use Google Sync. Works fine on my iPhone and iPad.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

From A Buick 8
Jan 9, 2011, 06:55 PM
Use Google Sync. Works fine on my iPhone and iPad.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Thank you for your response. I am using the sync, but even with that it is only syncing one way.

MooneyFlyer
Jan 9, 2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but it should work. Here's the steps I used:

1) Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2) Add Account...
3) Other
4) Add CalDAV Account >
5) enter:
Server: www.gmail.com
User Name: <your gmail acct name>@gmail.com
Password: <your gmail password>
Description: <some friendly description>

Let me know what wrong assumption I made and hopefully we can figure this out.

From A Buick 8
Jan 9, 2011, 07:39 PM
Thank you MooneyFlyer. When I set up my google calendar on my ipad The instructions said to use the Exchange option. I deleted that and used your settings, but now the events in my google calendar are not showing up on my iPad.

The issue before was that events entered on my iPad are not syncing up to my google calendar.

MooneyFlyer
Jan 10, 2011, 04:16 AM
Thank you MooneyFlyer. When I set up my google calendar on my ipad The instructions said to use the Exchange option. I deleted that and used your settings, but now the events in my google calendar are not showing up on my iPad.

The issue before was that events entered on my iPad are not syncing up to my google calendar.

Curious. I have accounts set up both ways on both my iPhone and my iPad and they are working fine.

Are you using gmail or Google Apps?

KevKaos
Jan 10, 2011, 06:35 PM
I will have to go back to the Google help pages/forum for the answer, but this WILL work. I have Google calendar working perfectly between the calendar webpage, my iMac, my iPad and my Droid. I had the same issues at first. I'll go look for the answer now and post it.

From A Buick 8
Jan 10, 2011, 06:56 PM
I will have to go back to the Google help pages/forum for the answer, but this WILL work. I have Google calendar working perfectly between the calendar webpage, my iMac, my iPad and my Droid. I had the same issues at first. I'll go look for the answer now and post it.

Great thank you.

KevKaos
Jan 10, 2011, 07:05 PM
I may very well be posting the same information that you have above, and I am not SURE that my problem was the same as yours, but I fount that the answer was that you have to follow the Google Help instructions "exactly". Here is what I posted in the Google Help forum under the same username as here.

In case that link didn't work (it looks kinda funky), you need to look at Google Sync and follow those direction precisely, including turning off Java Script first. I followed those directions, and had this working properly in about 5 mins or less. It did make all my calendars disappear, but they all came right back (including the problem calendar) once I finished all the steps. So for me, it was basically a reset but without having to re-enter everything again.

Level 1
11/16/10
Edit

Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and login to your Google account. Select which calendars you want to sync with your iPhone/iPad. Click save and the next time your iP

From A Buick 8
Jan 11, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thank you for your time, i am not sure you were having the same issue and mine.

I am seeing all of my google calendars on my ipad, and when i make an entry directly in the google calender that entry does show up on my iPad's ical app.

My problem is if i enter an event on my Ipad in the ical app those are not showing up in my google calendar.

KevKaos
Jan 11, 2011, 03:03 PM
So they never show up? I was going to suggest that you need to set your calendar sync for a shorter time period. I have my set to re-sync every minute. Might seem like overkill, but I haven't noticed any slowdown. I guess the point I was trying to make is that we know that what you want to do WILL work, we just don't yet know why yours is not doing what it should. Don't know if you have already done so, but the Google Help Forum is not as slick as this sight, but it seems to be helpful. It got me through my growing pains with the Android and the iPad.

And YES, I am soooooo looking forward to being able to have an iPhone on Verizon. WoooooHooooo

From A Buick 8
Jan 11, 2011, 04:01 PM
So they never show up? I was going to suggest that you need to set your calendar sync for a shorter time period. I have my set to re-sync every minute. Might seem like overkill, but I haven't noticed any slowdown. I guess the point I was trying to make is that we know that what you want to do WILL work, we just don't yet know why yours is not doing what it should. Don't know if you have already done so, but the Google Help Forum is not as slick as this sight, but it seems to be helpful. It got me through my growing pains with the Android and the iPad.

And YES, I am soooooo looking forward to being able to have an iPhone on Verizon. WoooooHooooo.

Correct they never show up. I have read through the Google help pages and no joy. If i just enter everything into the Google calendar then that works fine, so i will just do that until i figure this out. Thanks for your help.

rhett7660
Jan 11, 2011, 04:36 PM
When you setup the Exchange account on the iPad did you go back in to make sure the

Mail
Contacts
Calendars

Are set to "On".

I don't have a regular account setup on my devices just the exchange. Did you use these directions:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

4kids4us
Jan 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
I have an iPad, an iPhone4s and a new iMac. I normally go to google calendar on my iMac to enter appointments. Those appointments all sync and appear with my iPad, iPhone and the iCal on my iMac. However, if I enter any appointments on either my iPad or my iPhone, they not only don't appear in my Google calendar, but they don't appear in iCal on my iMac. I've been round and round with various "fixes" I've found online but to no avail.

Like a fool, I should have resolved this last night when I called Apple Care about a problem I was having with my address book while trying to create a group distribution list. What I thought would be an easy walk through of how to do that, turned into a thrice transferred between departments at Apple and a stumped "expert" that took 90 minutes to finally resolve (I was doing everything correctly, it just wasn't working). By that point, I had no time to then ask about my calendar issues. For now, I've just been manually entering them (fortunately, I mainly add things to my google calendar than on my iPad). If I find some time today to call Apple Care again to see if they can figure out this problem, I'll post back here. But I mainly wanted you to know that you aren't alone in your problem!