Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falconzblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Im BRAND NEW to this site so I apologize if I've mis-posted. My friend told me you all may be able to help.

I have an old computer, with an operating system before OS X, and every time i try to install a font, by double clicking the file, I get an error message. I attached a picture of the message (I think/hope i did anyway, ill embed it as well)

Does anyone know how to install the fonts? or do I need to find you more info on my system?
the computer doesnt have internet so i have to transfer files via flashdrive.

Attachments

• rtf.png
    rtf.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 134

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Drag&drop the font on the System Folder icon. It will automatically be placed in its proper location.

Falconzblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Drag&drop the font on the System Folder icon. It will automatically be placed in its proper location.

When I did that it prompted me to place it in the font folder, which I accepted. It then told me apps would be able to use it when they were quit and re opened, so i quit photoshop and re opened it.
the font was not on the list

I also tried opening the font from the font folder.
Ill attach pictures

Attachments

• font error1.png
    font error1.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 140
  • font error2.png
    font error2.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 780

Falconzblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Never mind my good man, I found a solution! Dafont has given me a program that converts the file. the file type was my problem after all!

It is working now, thank you for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.