Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tosoil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I've decided to get PM g5 1.8 since my school's computer store sells it pretty cheap.

As far as I remember PM G5 1.6 version had less problem in memory upgrade than other PM G5s. Since PM G5 1.8 (2004 Oct.) is the bottome line of PM G5 now, I was wondering if it would be less picky about memory upgarde.

Any comment or experience?

Thanks

tosoil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
risc said:
Everywhere on this forum people seem to say the same thing about RAM so I'll repeat it - Buy Crucial Mac certified RAM.

Thanks, but it is too expensive. I am thinking to get 1G from otherworldcomputing.com. This is the cheapest thing I've ever found for G5 RAM.

But, there are a lot of inexpensive good quality memory out there. But, I am afraid that those won't work for G5, and that's why I am asking here.

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
Apple uses Samsung CL3 RAM as OEM (and a couple of others). You can get it from newegg.com. 256=$41 512=$82 1GB=$252

I have 8 256MB modules in my G5. I tried a few other brands, all CL2.5 and had a horrible time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.