PDA

View Full Version : AirFlick DVD streaming problems

mejgus
Jan 9, 2011, 02:23 PM
I have some DVDs saved as .img, .iso etc that are perfectly open and played in VLC, and with Erica Saduns Airflick (http://ericasadun.com/ftp/AirPlay/) its possible to airplay a transcoded DVD to .m3u8 from the computer to the atv2, without any time consuming ripping procedure. For transcoding with VLC, Im using this terminal command at present:

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC -vv dvdread:///Volumes/DVD_VOLUME/VIDEO_TS@1:1- --intf=rc '--sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=2048,acodec=mp4a,ab=192}:standard{mux=ts,dst=-,access=file}' | mediastreamsegmenter -f /Users/user/Sites/stream -D

this produces the .m3u8-playlist that can be flicked to the atv2 with perfect audio and video quality. The problem is that every now and then (30 - 60 sec) a slight lag occurs, with 2 sec buffering time and then the movie is up rolling again. Ive tried different bit rates but the lag is still there. I know the .m3u8 takes the .ts files in my "stream-site" as input, but can I in some way change the .ts file size (time length) for one longer buffering time? As far as i know, theres no way to change that in the mediastreamsegmenter. Is it a hardware related issue or can I improve the command in some way? Im on a MBP 2,4 C2D 2010.

I would also like to transcode and stream DVDs (or .imgs) with the ffmpeg-codec. Is there anybody whos sitting on a good working command for that?