Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HadItWithWindow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
It hates Windows CD's. I have the MBP partitioned into bootcamp and windows7.

Every time I tried to install Windows CD's over the last several month (Office 2010, Windows7) the DVD refused to accept them until many many tries eventually read the CD.

This time I was trying to load Microsoft Office For Mac 2011 and their CD is stuck in the DVD drive. I have tried several times to discharge the disc using all the techniques described on line but nothing works. I took it to the local store that works on Apples and they insist the DVD needs to be replaced.

It has no problem with Mac CD's or backup CD's or DVRs. Only Windows. I'm at the mercy of the store as I know nothing but I'm leery. Does anyone else have simiiar issues with a DVD on MBP.

grahamnp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
My own MBP hates it's own Snow Leopard install disk. It has the same problem you described except with a lot of other things (but not MS discs), the drive is known to be picky but I think we have particularly bad copies.

HadItWithWindow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
they are replacing mine today. I'm beginning to have doubts on Apple quality control.

As I previously stated my Mac HD went out in less than 24 months and now my MBP DVD drive is kaput in less than 18 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.