Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macswede

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2002
Hi All,

At my office we’re about to buy a new printer and I’d like to ask all tehcies out there if HP color LaserJet 4600N is the best choice or at least a good choice. We have a mixed network of about 12 users around a Windows Server. The problem with the old printer was that the mac users (me included) couldn’t use it. Therefore it is vital that the new printer is compatible with both the Win-boxes and the Macs. I might add that we Macheads are in majority over the Windows users.

I believe the old printer didn’t work because it wasn’t a postscript printer. What bothers me now is that in the technical description of the 4600N it says; “Postscript – emulated”. Please help me so that we don’t end up in a situation were the Mac Users wont be able to use the new printer.

Also if the printer works will it be slower for the Macs because it emulates postscript. The old printer was dogslow with PDF:s.

Thanks in advance.

All the best

Macswede

macswede

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2002
sorry for double post

We have also discussed the XEROX Phaser 6200 Color Laser. Basically I'd like to know the same about that printer.

Thanks again.

Macswede

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.