Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nachos

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2010
Lynge, Denmark
I can't get my iPhone 4 and my new Macbook air 13" CTO to pair. First off I can se my iPhone on my Macbook but I cant se my Macbook on my iPhone, except when I ask my Macbook to pair with my iPhone. Then I can see it for a short while.

When I try to pair it fails.

When I set my Macbook to: "use no password" it sais it connects but nothing happens on my iPhone.

I just want to connect them so that my Macbook can use my iPhones internet, and connect to iTunes.

Hope you can help me.

shadowbird423

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2009
Chapel Hill
I can't get my iPhone 4 and my new Macbook air 13" CTO to pair. First off I can se my iPhone on my Macbook but I cant se my Macbook on my iPhone, except when I ask my Macbook to pair with my iPhone. Then I can see it for a short while.

When I try to pair it fails.

When I set my Macbook to: "use no password" it sais it connects but nothing happens on my iPhone.

I just want to connect them so that my Macbook can use my iPhones internet, and connect to iTunes.

Hope you can help me.

Just do the tethering over USB.. and wireless syncing is impossible unless you are jailbroken.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
Just do the tethering over USB.. and wireless syncing is impossible unless you are jailbroken.
Wireless tethering of an iPhone to a Mac is allowed by some wireless providers in some European countries. The OP will need to check with his to see if he is among the lucky ones. Unfortunately, Apple and AT&T have crippled the US AT&T version of the iPhone so that wireless tethering is impossible. At least it didn't work for me and I haven't seen where any other iPhone owner on an AT&T wireless plan has succeeded in establishing a wireless tethering connection, either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.