Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juicedus

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2004
in a van down by the river
I saw that trailer a month or so ago, it looks good enough to see. He's also in another movie, where the red fern grows, I believe. I don't think that role is as big as the winn dixie one but big enough to have his name on the cover of the movie.

From what I've read about Dave Matthews, he's always liked acting. He was involved in theatre in Charlettesville before he got the band together.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I was thoroughly enthralled by the trailer. A lot of great acting. Sophia is a sweetheart, that pulls at your emotions. Winn Dixie is awesome.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Abstract said:
Yes, but you read NME, so I'm not sure if I can take your opinion about him strongly.

Nah - don't read that at all - it was literally the first link that came up on Google when I searched on "Dave Matthew's S**t. I live in Chicago near where the incident happened. Nothing like having the area closed down due to flying Matthew's s**t.

That said I still think DM is way overrated - yes, it's my opinion and I'm sticking by it.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
Your opinion is very strong. I personally don't see how anyone can say that Dave is untalented. Considering I think he (his band especially) is one of the most talented bands of this generation. I tried my best not to exaggerate. But that is how i feel. Show me a better rock drummer than Carter Beauford, and Dave's words are poetic....

Maybe i'm just a fan....

kyle

about the movie.. I plan on seeing it. Not just cause of Dave, but the girl seems to make me want to see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.