PDA

View Full Version : Best VNC app for iPad (and iPhone)?

Crunch
Jan 11, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hello everyone!

Can anyone here point me in the right direction as far as VNC apps/services go? I would prefer a NON-subscription solution and rather go with paying a one-time fee, unless there are good ones available that are free. It should be capable of working in a mixed environment, including Mac OS X, Windows 7, and iOS, of course. It does not need to be compatible with Linux/Unix.

While I'm at it, I would love to hear some advice as to which VNC solution you guys prefer on OS X. :apple:

Thanks very much! :)

Embraer
Jan 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
iTeleport (http://www.iteleportmobile.com/) but also use Slink which is available from the Mac App Store and the MobileME screen sharing provided by BackToMyMac

Cubemaster13
Feb 27, 2011, 09:03 PM
Right when I got my ipad i downloaded vnc viewer for about 10 bucks I think but also it is a native app. All you need to do is setup a server on the commuter and your good!

JonHimself
Feb 28, 2011, 07:38 AM
I've been using iTeleport on my iphone and ipad for a while and think it's great. Haven't had any problems with either and if you don't want to worry with port forwarding, there is an application you can download that will allow you to connect to the computer without any network configurating.

Dodgeroo
Feb 28, 2011, 08:33 AM
Can't say enough about splashtop remote. It's very responsive, and can even stream 720p movies with sound to my iPad. I also use it for flash based websites.

andrewappleinc
Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 PM
Definitely Jump.

www.jumpdesktop.com

DNAppleGold
Feb 28, 2011, 12:03 PM
there is an application you can download that will allow you to connect to the computer without any network configurating.
Do recall the name of the app that allows you to connect with newtwork configuration?

Mattstkc
Feb 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Definitely Jump.

www.jumpdesktop.com

Jump does RDP also if I am reading right?

JonHimself
Mar 1, 2011, 06:26 AM
Do recall the name of the app that allows you to connect with newtwork configuration?

I think it's called iTeleport Connect. It's made by the people that make iTeleport so I would imagine there is mention of it on their website.

wolfpackfan
Mar 1, 2011, 09:18 AM
I use Mocha VNC and am happy with it.

franmatt80
Apr 5, 2011, 10:12 AM
LogMeIn has been brilliant and has a great new file transfer feature. Gets my vote.

clovis112
Apr 5, 2011, 01:14 PM
Can't say enough about splashtop remote. It's very responsive, and can even stream 720p movies with sound to my iPad. I also use it for flash based websites.

splashtop was great before but now its nothing but drop connection. i hope they update their app real soon.. :(