Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nufan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Hi All,

We have a Late 2006 xsrv which has always run fine. A while ago, it froze up and we rebooted, all still works fine however the Hard Drive no longer shows on the desktop, nor does it show up in the Finder or in Disk Utility. The server is running Raid 5 and when I look in Raid Utility everything shows as "Good", including the Volume, the Raid Set and the three drives.

The strange thing is that everything is functioning fine on the server other than the above. The problem however is that the drive is not showing so backups cannot identify the source to run.

Has anyone ever come across this before or have any ideas? We have rebooted without any luck.

Thanks for any suggestions!

nufan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Thanks for the reply! Where would I find the relevant log file, and how do I go about mounting the drive "by hand" ?

dampfdruck

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
You can check logs with the "console" application or by directly looking into the log file(s). The logging is configured in /etc/syslog.conf.

You can mount drives with "mount". See "man mount" for details.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.