PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with my hdmi connection

osulli20
Jan 11, 2011, 11:27 AM
This may be a stupid question, but as I am a relatively new mac user I don't really have a problem asking it. I just recently purchased an HMDI adaptor so that I could view Netflix movies on my television through my Macbook Pro. The movie-watching is fine, but my question is: how do I get two or more programs to run on the two systems (my Macbook and my television) at the same time and have them both be visible? I can watch a movie on my television now, but when i attempt to do something on my computer the movie I'm watching either minimizes itself or exits out of full-screen. Is there any way to stop this from happening and have the movies that I'm watching continue running uninterrupted?

newagemac
Jan 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
This may be a stupid question, but as I am a relatively new mac user I don't really have a problem asking it. I just recently purchased an HMDI adaptor so that I could view Netflix movies on my television through my Macbook Pro. The movie-watching is fine, but my question is: how do I get two or more programs to run on the two systems (my Macbook and my television) at the same time and have them both be visible? I can watch a movie on my television now, but when i attempt to do something on my computer the movie I'm watching either minimizes itself or exits out of full-screen. Is there any way to stop this from happening and have the movies that I'm watching continue running uninterrupted?

Go to your System Preferences and choose Displays and adjust your settings so that your screens are not mirrored. If you're talking about Frontrow, I don't know what you can do about that because it takes over both screens regardless.