Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Infraggable Kru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
Now that AT&T is no longer the only carrier can we please get a Carrier specific subforum ie to ask carrier specific issues

Preferabbly with subforums such as

AT&T
Verizon
Other USA carriers
International Carriers

I could care less what kind of specific verizon problems/questions the horde of newbies are going to ask

stewart715

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2008
I think this is a valid point. Verizon comments seem to piss AT&T people off and visa versa. Verizon only place - AT&T only place (for service issues likely) - iPhone General Discussion will be..well iPhone/non-carrier specific discussion (i.e. new features, general issues, etc).

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
There is currently a lot to talk about that is Verizon-specific, and there will probably be more over the coming weeks. Then we'd expect it to even out. When it does, there may not be enough activity that is specific to each carrier to have dedicated forums for each of them. We don't make decisions like this on the day of a big event since the data is clearly skewed.

Padraig

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Now that AT&T is no longer the only carrier can we please get a Carrier specific subforum ie to ask carrier specific issues

Preferabbly with subforums such as

AT&T
Verizon
Other USA carriers
International Carriers

I could care less what kind of specific verizon problems/questions the horde of newbies are going to ask

Then why are you asking for a subforum?

Plus, someone who has joined last month is hardly in a position to be complaining about "newbies".

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
The problem with splitting forums like this is that you end up with people not visiting the sub-forums.

The other problem is that most issues discussed in the MR iPhone forum aren't in any way carrier specific.

The iPhone has been on different carriers worldwide since 2007, and many posters (myself included) from those countries are able to answer questions from AT&T or Verizon customers.

If someone can't download an App update or wants to know how a specific feature works, putting it in a carrier sub-forum isn't going to help them.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Um, ATT has never been the only carrier. I have no idea how the forums managed until now.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
It's not all about the US. I guess you might as well make a new section for AT&T, Verizon, O2, 3, Vodaphone, Orange, Rogers, Fido, Telus, etc.

Yeah, no.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I say leave it as it. If the iPhone splits into Verizon and AT&T, then you might as well add O2, Vodaphone, T-Mobile, T-Mobile USA, Bell, Rogers, Orange and everything else.

Infraggable Kru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
I say leave it as it. If the iPhone splits into Verizon and AT&T, then you might as well add O2, Vodaphone, T-Mobile, T-Mobile USA, Bell, Rogers, Orange and everything else.

Well that's what I would prefer, but even having a single forum for "Carrier/Phone reception related issues" would be enough

There have been dozens of threads in the past where someone will say " Hey my AT&T coverage here in my small town seems to be dead"

That question is completely Carrier Related

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.