Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
As this website seems to be yours, as it is registered via "DISTRIBUTE IT PTY LTD", here is a question, as I had to click on the "About" link to find out what the site is about, to confirm what you were saying in your post.
Why don't you include the text "Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Compatibility" on the page you linked to?

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
This website seems pretty pointless to me - Ive never had an App be completely killed by an OS Upgrade... sure they might not support the new features, but generally Apps are very well behaved about being run on a newer version of OS X (As an example, I have iMovie 3 running under Rosetta under 10.6.6 - runs perfectly fine, despite being written before Snow Leopard was even vaguely thought about)

JKAussieSkater

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
As this website seems to be yours, as it is registered via "DISTRIBUTE IT PTY LTD", here is a question, as I had to click on the "About" link to find out what the site is about, to confirm what you were saying in your post.
Why don't you include the text "Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Compatibility" on the page you linked to?

I wish I could take credit for the site, I reckon it's awesome... but no, a man named Bryce did that. See his profile page if you're interested.

This website seems pretty pointless to me - Ive never had an App be completely killed by an OS Upgrade... sure they might not support the new features, but generally Apps are very well behaved about being run on a newer version of OS X (As an example, I have iMovie 3 running under Rosetta under 10.6.6 - runs perfectly fine, despite being written before Snow Leopard was even vaguely thought about)

Well, not sure if you remember http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/??? That site was so insanely popular that the whole of Wikidot.com broke down from unexpected network strain. In fact, it was even published on MacRumors (last paragraph).

This new site serves the exact same purpose, but for the next upcoming OS, Lion.

So whilst it may seem pointless to you, it is certainly very valuable for thousands of users out there :)

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
So whilst it may seem pointless to you, it is certainly very valuable for thousands of users out there :)

Its pointless, the only users will be windows converts who are strangely used to having OS upgrades break software...:rolleyes: people should just get used to 99.9 of everything working after an upgrade.

It should also be pointed out that since Lion isnt even avaliable to most devs yet, this website is useless until 24hrs after Lions GM launch when everything has been tested

JKAussieSkater

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Its pointless, the only users will be windows converts who are strangely used to having OS upgrades break software...:rolleyes: people should just get used to 99.9 of everything working after an upgrade.

Personally, I'm a minimalist with computer software, having only what I need... so never really have software issues when upgrading either.

Andeavor

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
This certainly looks like a fun avocation until Lion comes out. :)

Anyway, how can you determine an app won't work on Lion?

arteggio

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2010
Pittsburgh

It should also be pointed out that since Lion isnt even avaliable to most devs yet, this website is useless until 24hrs after Lions GM launch when everything has been tested

:confused:

Last year when I was testing out pre-release Snow Leopard for myself, that Wikidot site was very useful to me, and this site that James Kanjo posted is exactly what I was looking for for Lion.

In my experience with Snow Leopard, I did notice that most Leopard apps worked. That's the whole point with these compatibility lists: to find the one or two apps that won't work, just in case they might be the ones someone most uses. It's completely useful. I want to know if 1Password isn't going to work in Safari even if the other 99% of my apps fly.

Since this thread and its content is so pointless to you, you might be best to go use your time posting to things with more point.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.