PDA

View Full Version : Bottom edge of trackpad unresponsive?

Ktdhc
Jan 11, 2011, 07:44 PM
I searched the forum about this and found nothing. The bottom edge (a few mm) of the trackpad doesn't respond to touches. Is that normal and how it's supposed to be?

Edit: Ah okay thanks for responses - this is normal then.

iTiki
Jan 11, 2011, 08:21 PM
Mine is the same, if I set my finger on the trackpad at the bottom and want to move the cursor. However, If I place my finger anywhere else on the trackpad first and then move to the very bottom it works fine. This has never been an issue with me, so apparently, I always start somewhere else on the pad first without ever even thing about it.

2IS
Jan 11, 2011, 09:07 PM
Same here. Mine responds in the same way iTiki described.

zulumonk
Jan 11, 2011, 09:40 PM
Same, but I feel like this is normal trackpad behavior considering that I didn't notice it until after I had read this post.

old-wiz
Jan 11, 2011, 09:54 PM
I remember reading another thread, although not the MBA, where the poster was complaining that the extreme corner or edge was unresponsive. He complained this was false advertising on Apple's part as Apple said you could click anywhere on the trackpad. The thread went round and round and I don't think the OP ever was satisfied.

gdeputy
Jan 11, 2011, 11:45 PM
they are all like that, not worth losing sleep over, never affected my usage.

NRrox
Jul 18, 2013, 11:43 AM
it's normal dont worry

2IS
Jul 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
it's normal dont worry

Thanks for the confirmation, 2.5 years later.

cake1
Jul 18, 2013, 03:39 PM
I think this might be a design choice. I use the "lower right corner click" as right click and to me it make sense to not move the cursor when pressing on the bottom part of the touchpad. Especially considering that if you start moving the cursor from someplace else on the touchpad and get to the bottom edge it works just fine.