PDA

View Full Version : Uneven screen backlight - screen darker at the bottom

loulan
Jan 12, 2011, 06:19 AM
My Air's screen is slightly darker at the bottom (only on a few millimeters, but still). It only happens on a white/light background though (I don't have my dock at the bottom). In comparison, the screen of my MacBook has a very uniform backlight. Does anybody else have this issue?

iRun26.2
Jan 12, 2011, 06:47 AM
My Air's screen is slightly darker at the bottom (only on a few millimeters, but still). It only happens on a white/light background though (I don't have my dock at the bottom). In comparison, the screen of my MacBook has a very uniform backlight. Does anybody else have this issue?

My 11.6" MBA's screen is also a little bit darker near the bottom. I think that most of the screens are that way but people, in general, just don't notice it.

jace88
Jan 12, 2011, 07:13 AM
I was gonna say mine is lighter in the centre where the Apple logo is because it seems to allow light to pass through :S Very noticeable when using outdoors on a low brightness setting.

rcalderoni
Jun 21, 2011, 03:08 PM
Same here, MBA 11" 2010 model, has a slightly dark wavy strip on the bottom of the screen. I mostly do not notice it, but when I do it sticks in my head during the day when I am not using it. When I finally come back to the little beast, it's no where as bad as I imagined it was. I suppose we could get a replacement.

TheRealDamager
Jun 21, 2011, 03:51 PM
I have that as well. There may be a perfect example out there, but the effect is so minimally noticeable that for me it's not worth worrying about.