PDA

View Full Version : How to reject own app "Pending Developer Release"?




diddl14
Jan 12, 2011, 07:02 AM
I've used iTunesConnect "Version Release Control" to have control over when/if to release a new version of my App. It now turns out that I don't have the 'if' option...

Problem is that a serious bug was discovered by a beta tester after the update was approved by Apple.
I clearly don't want to release it myself knowing it has this bug...

But Apple simply requires me to release it. There seems no way to remove or otherwise skip this release:

"If you decide that you do not want to ever release a Pending Developer Release version, you will need to click the Release This Version button anyway, in order to create a new version of your app. You are not permitted to skip over an entire version." :confused:

So now what? Am I supposed to release it, remove the complete app from sale and submit a new binary??? :eek:



Tonsko
Jan 12, 2011, 07:13 AM
Is it possible to hold off on release, fix the bug, submit the new version to the app store, and once approved, release the bugged version then immediately afterwards the fixed version?

firewood
Jan 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
You control the country availability and time of the release. So release the app in Luxembourg (or other tiny country) between 3 AM and 4 AM. Then after it's been released, set the release date to 2012 to make in unavailable again, and send in an update.

diddl14
Jan 12, 2011, 01:30 PM
Sounds like there is no other way than releasing the new version and immediately taking it of the App Store? Really hate doing that :(

Bil
Jan 17, 2011, 08:14 PM
It would be nice if there was a "reject binary" for apps waiting for developer release.

diddl14
Jan 18, 2011, 06:11 AM
It would be nice if there was a "reject binary" for apps waiting for developer release.
Here is a thread on the same topic: https://devforums.apple.com/message/365023.

Littleodie914
Jan 23, 2011, 07:02 AM
You control the country availability and time of the release. So release the app in Luxembourg (or other tiny country) between 3 AM and 4 AM. Then after it's been released, set the release date to 2012 to make in unavailable again, and send in an update.I'm in the same position, and this sounds like a good option. But:

1) Once the new version (1.1) is released in Luxembourg, does the previous version (1.0) fall off the other stores as well?

2) If (1) is true, are your ratings reset in other stores once the fixed update is uploaded and released in the rest of the world?

I have sent an email to Apple about this, it's extremely frustrating. Especially for the users. :mad:

grantsdale
Jan 23, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'm in the same position, and this sounds like a good option. But:

1) Once the new version (1.1) is released in Luxembourg, does the previous version (1.0) fall off the other stores as well?

2) If (1) is true, are your ratings reset in other stores once the fixed update is uploaded and released in the rest of the world?

I have sent an email to Apple about this, it's extremely frustrating. Especially for the users. :mad:

You misunderstood. He was saying to only release it in Luxembourg. Then you release the updated, fixed version to all stores.

Littleodie914
Jan 23, 2011, 09:57 AM
You misunderstood. He was saying to only release it in Luxembourg. Then you release the updated, fixed version to all stores.I did a bit of research, here's what I found:

1) Releasing an update replaces your old application. If you only release an update to Luxembourg, the application is removed from all other stores.

2) Temporarily removing an app from sale clears its sales ranking. (Not the reviews.)

I ended up releasing the buggy update, putting a note in the description, and the fixed update is pending approval. :mad: