PDA

View Full Version : Apple Bluetooth Keyboards Problem

dub45
Jan 30, 2005, 07:18 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before I did a search but found no references. Is anyone else finding that their bluetooth/wireless keyboard takes on a life of its own with ressssssssulllllllllllts likeeeeeeeeeee thissssss?

I am on my third wireless keyboard and it is beginning to act up so it is only a matter of time before it becomes unusuable. I have posted on the Apple support boards as have others with the same problem but there appears to be no response from Apple.

It was so exhausting getting a replacement from Apple last time that I am dreading starting out on the same process again

jsw
Jan 30, 2005, 07:22 PM
I've had mine for a year and a half (almost) with no problems. Are you using built-in Bluetooth? D-Link's dongle? Perhaps the Mac is causing problems, not the KB (seems odd that three KBs would all fail). Anything nearby that would interfere in the 2.4 GHz range (cordless phone? microwave? cell phone?).

Bear
Jan 30, 2005, 08:03 PM
Odd thought, but have you tried changing the batteries when that starts to happen? Bluetooth devices can get wonky when their batteries start getting low.

PlaceofDis
Jan 30, 2005, 08:28 PM
ive had no problems with my keyboard either, and ive had mine for almost a year now i think

could there be any reason to believe that something else might be the issue rather than the keyboard itself? i use mine daily for everything with no problems so perhaps it is something interfering or a problem with your BT hookup

pdpfilms
Jan 30, 2005, 09:54 PM
the only time i've noticed mine do that was when i brought it out of range of my USB dongle.... Maybe you've got not-so-good reception? Or interference? how close do use the keyboard to your USB reciever?

JeDiBoYTJ
Jan 30, 2005, 09:59 PM
sometimes (but very rarely), my keyboard will 'lock up' and do thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss until it disconnects, or I turn off bluetooth, but ever since I updated the bluetooth firmware from apple, I havnt had that problem since...