Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rycexboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
I was wondering how easy does it get scratch? cuz im getting mines tomorrow and the case wont be here till next week and I was wondering if I should get a skin or something on it before putting on the case. It's a polycarbonate case and im worried it might be a little too hard and can scratch while putting on?

Pastajensen

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
Austria
It scratches pretty easy. I have had mine for a couple of months and it looks pretty worn on the back side. I have transported mine in a ipod sock/bag.

But the screen is still nice and bright :)

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
I swear they can get scratched simply by removing them from the packaging they came in. When I got mine, I immediately put a case on it even before turning it on and In the intervening year I've probably had the case off of it a handful of times. Still it's gotten scratched (probably from stuff getting between the case and the iPod) but doesn't look too bad. My daughters iPod (which she never keeps in the case) looks like it's been gone after with a brillo pad.

rycexboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
hm..thats means I should buy a protective film for it before putting it in a case then.

SlovakApple

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
In the heart of Europe
I agree with the other posters, the back gets scratched easily. I use a "sock" too and looks pretty fine. If you handle the touch with attention until the case arrives, nothing should happen.

LeighAnna Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
I made the mistake of keeping it naked, it has a few scratches, but I really wish I had gotten a back film or something. I never take it out of the case.

It will scratch VERY easily and I think you should probably buy a film for it if you ever might want to re-sell it. Mine is good enough that if I ever want to sell it for another one, I could get a very good price on it.

but yes, keep something on it at all times. The back will scratch if you so much as breathe on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.