PDA

View Full Version : iPod Photo Album Artwork Issue

Jovian9
Jan 30, 2005, 09:15 PM
Recently my iPod Photo stopped showing the Album Artwork for each song/album. I think this may have happened after I installed iLife '05 and updated my iPod with more photos and music. All of the artwork is there in iTunes, it just doesn't show up on the iPod. So tonight I added an album with artwork and the artwork shows up on the iPod Photo for that album, but not any others......even after letting the iTunes 'Automatically' update my iPod. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas other than erase/resetting the iPod? Thanks!

dotdotdot
Jan 30, 2005, 10:13 PM
Recently my iPod Photo stopped showing the Album Artwork for each song/album. I think this may have happened after I installed iLife '05 and updated my iPod with more photos and music. All of the artwork is there in iTunes, it just doesn't show up on the iPod. So tonight I added an album with artwork and the artwork shows up on the iPod Photo for that album, but not any others......even after letting the iTunes 'Automatically' update my iPod. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas other than erase/resetting the iPod? Thanks!

I think your best bet WOULD be to erase or reset your iPod using the iPod updater from apple.com - have a lot of music? leave it on durring like a TV show or something.

Frank (Atlanta)
Jan 30, 2005, 10:25 PM
I'm guessing you're using iTunes 4.7.1? If so, that update adversely impacts album art on an iPp. Fortunately, this behavior is a one-time occurrence and can be addressed via two options (listed on apple.com and iPodlounge.com websites):

1. Restore your iPod using the iPod updater.

2. Use the "display album artwork checkbox" method: Edit Menu > Preferences > iPod Tab > Music Tab:

A) uncheck the "display album artwork on your iPod" checkbox

B) eject the iPod

C) re-mount the iPod

D) go back and re-check the "display album artwork on your iPod" checkbox

E) iTunes now will re-sync all the songs on your iPod so 'album artwork' appear agains when viewed from the iPod

F) Eject iPod

Again, above is predicated upon you using iTunes 4.7.1.

Good luck,
Frank

Jovian9
Jan 31, 2005, 09:20 AM
I'll try that before resetting. Thanks!

I'm guessing you're using iTunes 4.7.1? If so, that update adversely impacts album art on an iPp. Fortunately, this behavior is a one-time occurrence and can be addressed via two options (listed on apple.com and iPodlounge.com websites):

1. Restore your iPod using the iPod updater.

2. Use the "display album artwork checkbox" method: Edit Menu > Preferences > iPod Tab > Music Tab:

A) uncheck the "display album artwork on your iPod" checkbox

B) eject the iPod

C) re-mount the iPod

D) go back and re-check the "display album artwork on your iPod" checkbox

E) iTunes now will re-sync all the songs on your iPod so 'album artwork' appear agains when viewed from the iPod

F) Eject iPod

Again, above is predicated upon you using iTunes 4.7.1.

Good luck,
Frank

TyleRomeo
Feb 1, 2005, 02:09 AM
I'll try that before resetting. Thanks!

hey are you part of the free fiona campaign?

Tyler