PDA

View Full Version : Brightness and battery life

CristobalHuet
Jan 13, 2011, 10:44 PM
Excluding sitting outside in the sun or in very dark rooms, what level do you usually keep your MBA brightness level at and what kind of battery life do you get?

I've got mine set to about 65%, haven't used it enough to know what kind of life I get.

dmelgar
Jan 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
11" MBA.
Battery life is a vague question. Battery life when doing what?
I keep my display usually around 40%. I often get battery life as short as 2-3 hours because i'm watching lots of flash video or doing some compression.

I've also used the 11" MBA at 20% doing some light surfing and text editing and got almost 9 hours from it. I don't necessarily consider that typical, but amazing none the less.

GreenFrog
Jan 14, 2011, 12:29 AM
At 100% brightness, wifi, and heavy internet browsing (not much flash or video), I get around 3 hours of battery life.

13" ultimate.

GGJstudios
Jan 14, 2011, 01:11 AM
Excluding sitting outside in the sun or in very dark rooms, what level do you usually keep your MBA brightness level at and what kind of battery life do you get?

I've got mine set to about 65%, haven't used it enough to know what kind of life I get.
There's more to battery life than just screen brightness, although that is one of the major factors. It also depends on what apps you have running, whether you have WiFi and bluetooth running, widgets, etc. Screen brightness is just one of many factors.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

hawse771
Jan 14, 2011, 08:21 PM
@ around 20-25% brightness and only using wifi/ebooks/web/MS word it seems to get around 7-8 hours on my fiancee's 13" MBA.

size100
Jan 16, 2011, 04:50 PM
pretty low. 4-9 notches. mba screen gets pretty bright compared to a lot of notebooks.

MultiFinder17
Jan 17, 2011, 05:14 PM
I generally keep my Air (a mid-2009 1.86GHz model) at around 4-6 notches, and when doing general work (programming, web browsing, writing), I get right around five hours from it.