Dignan
Sep 4, 2002, 05:44 PM
I dont get it.

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 06:25 PM
LOL, who do we have to thank for these?

jefhatfield
Sep 4, 2002, 06:26 PM
this is a section arn set up for people like me and alphatech who were posting on macrumors a lot and maybe got tired of either newbies and/or trolls who came to wreck our day and start flame wars

we both quit as well as possibly john123, kela, and others who i don't think i have seen for months...as well as many original macrumors folks

so arn convinced at least me to come back with this new section

dan,
or jhatfield
or jefhatfield
or juliana hatfield (names i am known as on the net)

Sun Baked
Sep 4, 2002, 06:29 PM
Any ground rules?

No flaming ...
No trolling ...
No name calling ...

etc.

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

or juliana hatfield (names i am known as on the net)
So I take it that it is you registered as that on TheTechPub. Nice to see you back jef.

King Cobra
Sep 4, 2002, 06:32 PM
I'm glad I helped someone come back to the forums. I even called you "jefhatfield" for once. Welcome back.

I'll remove that little poetry from my sig immediately, now that you are back.

Now, you mention newbies coming to start flamewars and that's the reason you guys left, apparently. What will this thread cover?

P.S.: john123 was roaming the boards a few days after MWNY.

arn
Sep 4, 2002, 06:32 PM
this is a section arn set up for people like me and alphatech who were posting on macrumors a lot and maybe got tired of either newbies and/or trolls who came to wreck our day and start flame wars

we both quit as well as possibly john123, kela, and others who i don't think i have seen for months...as well as many original macrumors folks

heh.... I emailed kela and john123...

Spikey, I'm afraid can't come back... :)

arn

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 06:34 PM
Will this become some sort of exclusive forum that newbies can't enter?

And why are you posting as a guest if you don't mind me asking. You still show up in the member list so your account is waiting :confused:

vniow
Sep 4, 2002, 06:35 PM
I don't think I count as Old school, but I'll post here anywayz.:D
Nice to see you back jef,julie,dan whatever.:p
I wonder if this thread will be closed to those not registered before a certain date in the future. :confused:

arn
Sep 4, 2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
Will this become some sort of exclusive forum that newbies can't enter?

And why are you posting as a guest if you don't mind me asking. You still show up in the member list so your account is waiting :confused:

that's my bad... when I setup the forum, I forgot to limit it to registered users. So, jef wasn't logged in and just typed his name in as an unregistered post.

it's fixed now.

the forum will remain open for registered users... I will probably limit it from non-logged in people.

arn

arn
Sep 4, 2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by edvniow

I wonder if this thread will be closed to those not registered before a certain date in the future. :confused:

naw... just don't piss off the "elders" ;)

arn

vniow
Sep 4, 2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by arn

naw... just don't piss off the "elders" ;)

arn

Oh, I don't need a special forum for that. :p

Backtothemac
Sep 4, 2002, 06:55 PM
Wow, this is a good idea Arn! You could limit it from date of registration. That would be neat. Instead of postcount or demi-God.

still great idea.
B2TM

jefhatfield
Sep 4, 2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I'm glad I helped someone come back to the forums. I even called you "jefhatfield" for once. Welcome back.

I'll remove that little poetry from my sig immediately, now that you are back.

Now, you mention newbies coming to start flamewars and that's the reason you guys left, apparently. What will this thread cover?

P.S.: john123 was roaming the boards a few days after MWNY.

with four personas on the web, only you know who i really am...he he

and if you tell, no one will believe

i love the web

signed,

me

jefhatfield
Sep 4, 2002, 07:12 PM
ok, king cobra

i am from maine, if that helps...but who would want to be from there

Backtothemac
Sep 4, 2002, 07:19 PM
ok, king cobra

i am from maine, if that helps...but who would want to be from there

Well, I know your real name ;)

B2TM

jefhatfield
Sep 4, 2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

B2TM

really, now?

he he

i know your name really is not back to the mac, and your wife's name certainly is not mrs. back to the mac...am i right?:p

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

B2TM

I know his real name too, cept' I don't remember how to spell the last name :p

King Cobra
Sep 4, 2002, 07:48 PM
>(jefhatfield) i am from maine, if that helps...but who would want to be from there

People with a strong New England accent, which I can easily adopt to. :D

>i know your name really is not back to the mac, and your wife's name certainly is not mrs. back to the mac...am i right?:p

Don't forget about Mini-B2TM! :p

Mr. Anderson
Sep 4, 2002, 07:54 PM
are there any restrictions to who can be in here other than membership?

ands its great to see the old g5 back again!

D :D

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra

Don't forget about Mini-B2TM! :p

And B2TM Little Bro :p

All this talk of limiting access based on registration date raises the question, how old do you have to be to be old skool?

Mr. Anderson
Sep 4, 2002, 08:37 PM
I don't think there are restrictions, and you would probably be old school any way - I might not or be right on the line, if one existed.

D

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I don't think there are restrictions, and you would probably be old school any way - I might not or be right on the line, if one existed.

D

Yea, I be down wit the old skool up in hea ;)

Anyway, I don't think vBulletin would support access based on registration date. If it can't support more then one private forum then I dobut if it could support rules like post count and registration date.

Rower_CPU
Sep 4, 2002, 08:46 PM
Glad to see you back on, jef'...now the question is: Are you going to be posting a poll anytime soon?;) :D

Mr. Anderson
Sep 4, 2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Glad to see you back on, jef'...now the question is: Are you going to be posting a poll anytime soon?;) :D

Yes, I think it is fitting that you should post the first poll in the Old Skool forum. You know you want to.

D

Dignan
Sep 4, 2002, 09:02 PM
If I were you guys, i wouldnt limit it to "old school" people, lest another overthrowing of tyranny (dvpg or whatever?)

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Dignan
If I were you guys, i wouldnt limit it to "old school" people, lest another overthrowing of tyranny (dvpg or whatever?)

I don't think that would happen. We've all learned our lesson. Besides being Old School isn't something you can be made to do, you just are.

jelloshotsrule
Sep 4, 2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Dignan
I dont get it.

i move this comment is struck from the record

dignan is not old skool. heck, he shouldn't even be out of the short films thread.

seriously though, are there restrictions? not to be a pessimist, but what's to keep the trolls/flamers out of this forum?

Over Achiever
Sep 4, 2002, 09:53 PM
hey, like edvniow, i'm not old skool, so I really shouldn't be posting here.

Now that I am posting, welcome back jefhatfield :)

I guess ya'll won't want me posting here again...I guess I won't enter this forum again then.

I'll let ya'll reminence in the old times:p

btw, Durandal7, you have the same avatar as asurance, right?

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Over Achiever

btw, Durandal7, you have the same avatar as asurance, right?

Erm, I am asurace. Look for the thread called Recent Events... in Community Discussion and all will be explained.

job
Sep 4, 2002, 10:25 PM
like duke said, it's nice to see that shiny g5 back again. :)

i wonder if we will see the harley any time soon... :D

i don't think i count as old skool though....

so...yea....

Durandal7
Sep 4, 2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by hitman

i wonder if we will see the harley any time soon... :D

Alpha, erm, Akira said that he has his hands full so he may not be returning anytime soon. He says it is a possibility in the long-term :(

job
Sep 4, 2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7

Alpha, erm, Akira said that he has his hands full so he may not be returning anytime soon. He says it is a possibility in the long-term :(

yeah i saw his post at the techpub forums...

he seems to have a very ambitious project going on so its understandable.

but then again, this is the niche for all the senior members of macrumors...

you never know... :)

AlphaTech
Sep 6, 2002, 12:44 PM
Just came back to let people know that I have updated the rest of my site (www.thetechpub.com). There are still some blank sections, and there is not all that much on it, but that will change as time progresses. It's more difficult to find content when you are not digging up rumors. ;)

Now, back to content grabbing... :eek:

jefhatfield
Sep 6, 2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Just came back to let people know that I have updated the rest of my site (www.thetechpub.com). There are still some blank sections, and there is not all that much on it, but that will change as time progresses. It's more difficult to find content when you are not digging up rumors. ;)

Now, back to content grabbing... :eek:

i signed up for thetechpub.com but i have to print out a parent's ok permission notice and fax it back to you ;)

my real name is on your site...ask KC and he will tell you the story:p

AlphaTech
Sep 6, 2002, 01:45 PM

i signed up for thetechpub.com but i have to print out a parent's ok permission notice and fax it back to you ;)

my real name is on your site...ask KC and he will tell you the story:p

Two things, one, I don't have a fax, and two, I didn't activate that part of signing up...

If you have any questions, email me at akira@thetechpub.com....

djwoolf
Sep 7, 2002, 03:13 AM
Wow i leave for two weeks and all kind of stuff happens.... Alpha/Akira returns....asurace also changes names...finding of first posts...thetechpub. Cool.

Durandal7
Sep 7, 2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by djwoolf
Wow i leave for two weeks and all kind of stuff happens.... Alpha/Akira returns....asurace also changes names...finding of first posts...thetechpub. Cool.

The times they are a changing....

mmmdreg
Sep 7, 2002, 07:19 PM
welcome sorta back jefhatfield...who was this Spikey? I think he left before I set foot on MR forums..