PDA

View Full Version : Kanex xD vs. iAdapt V2

josh2
Jan 14, 2011, 11:10 AM
hi,
i want to use my ps3 on my new 27" iMac. I was considering using the Kanex XD or the iAdapt V2. There is a large price difference $150-$30 but i dont know what the difference is. does the XD have better hardware or is it more money because it comes with the HDMI and a Mini Display Port cable?
if the only difference is the cords then i think i should buy the iAdapt V2.. any other suggestions?
Thanks
josh2

andrewYL
Jan 14, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hey Josh,
I actually have experience with both the Kanex XD and the V2 and I would like to provide some insight on the two.

The Kanex XD is the product you want as it allows you to use a HDMI source such as a PS3 and connect it to your iMac 27" display and is not bi-directional.

The iAdapt V2 does the opposite in which it allows you to use a Mini DisplayPort Source such as a MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc and display it on an HDMI display like your HDTV. This cable is not bi-directional as well.

Therefore, based on your post about using your PS3 on your new iMac the Kanex XD is definitely the device you want to go with.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help you out.

Andrew