PDA

View Full Version : ATV 2 and .avi files...

vistokid
Jan 14, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hi, my current setup:

Cracked ATV 1 (40 GB), iMac - if I get an .avi file on my iMac I use cyberduck to transfer the .avi file to my ATV 1 hard drive.

How would I watch .avi's on ATV 2?

From A Buick 8
Jan 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
Encode them with handbrake, Jailbreak your ATV2 and play with plex, or wait for the next IOS update and stream from your ipad

BlackMangoTree
Jan 14, 2011, 03:05 PM
Stream from iPad still needs to be converted might as well do it once with handbrake.

From A Buick 8
Jan 14, 2011, 03:06 PM
Stream from iPad still needs to be converted might as well do it once with handbrake.

Good point.

vistokid
Jan 14, 2011, 03:21 PM
Interesting... I actually use handbrake to put content on my iPad. It takes about 45 minutes to convert a full 1 GB .avi file. But using cyberduck and my ATV 1 I can push a .avi file to my ATV 1 in about 20 minutes.

I'm just wondering what the benefit to ATV 2 is? I was hoping I could stream .avi's on the fly, guess not. It would actually take me 25 minutes more than using my ATV 1.

JAG77
Jan 14, 2011, 03:51 PM
Encode them with handbrake, Jailbreak your ATV2 and play with plex, or wait for the next IOS update and stream from your ipad

Is there a full jailbreak out that supports Plex? When I was researching not too long ago there was talk about not getting the audio to stream over.. Is that not the case when jailbreaking for plex?