Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brunette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Hi guys! I have a problem...never happend before. I upgraded from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1 yesterday and I tried to get my iPod a brand new jb. My power button is broken, not working and I searched some solutions that wouldn't involve the DFU mode. The only way was JailbrakeMe, but i had to downgrade to 4.0. Well, I did the downgrade, I have done this before, but of course, with other firmware, but this time, after i followed all the steps, it's stuck with apple logo and the empty bar above it, like that one on the restore. What can I do? I have to remind that the DFU mode is not working, because my power button is not working What options I have? The device is not jb. Thank you very much and please help me with this one

ashman70

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2010
It should be under warranty, so take it to an Apple store if the power button is broken.

Brunette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
it is under warranty, but if they see it like this, i don't lose my warranty?

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Hold the Home button while connecting to the USB and it should show you the option to restore your device, then downgrade to 4.0 again

Sonny bro

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol, they said their home button doesnt work :L

Brunette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
The power button is down...I've left it alone for like 12 hours and it's back the screen had that usb and itunes icon and i clicked Restore and it's recognized by itunes and all.phew... , i thought it was gone, but still 4.2.1 if someone knows a way to downgrade without DFU mode...

LeighAnna Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol, they said their home button doesnt work :L

Lol, they said their power button doesnt work :L

Brunette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Problem solved :D but if someone could tell me how to downgrade to 4.0 with exact steps, without dfu mode, please help me, i'm just noob girl with an iPod:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.