Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joms

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
What would be your top 5 application to transfer IPOD music/video from IPOD to MAC (Except itunes)?

If you can give your reasons, so much the bettter. thanks

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
Senuti. You have to pay for it now, but the older, free version is here: http://wstein.org/senuti/

Since the older version was GPL, there's no restrictions on sharing it like this. I really wonder who actually buys the new version.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Well first off you can't transfer music from your iPod to iTunes, only the other direction.

Second, why do you need a Top 5 list when one program that works is all you really need to accomplish such a simple task. YanniDepp made the correct suggestion as well, you won't find a better program than Senuti for this. Just select the songs you want, click Transfer and they're transferred to your computer and automatically added to iTunes.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Well first off you can't transfer music from your iPod to iTunes, only the other direction.

Second, why do you need a Top 5 list when one program that works is all you really need to accomplish such a simple task. YanniDepp made the correct suggestion as well, you won't find a better program than Senuti for this. Just select the songs you want, click Transfer and they're transferred to your computer and automatically added to iTunes.

Well, you can transfer purchased items from an iPod to iTunes. Just right-click on the iPod and select "Transfer Purchases". If it is an item that requires authorization (video, app, audiobook, or old protected music,) you'll need to authorize it.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Well, you can transfer purchased items from an iPod to iTunes. Just right-click on the iPod and select "Transfer Purchases". If it is an item that requires authorization (video, app, audiobook, or old protected music,) you'll need to authorize it.

True, I wasn't thinking of that, I figured he wanted to transfer regular mp3s or whatever to his computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.