PDA

View Full Version : The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later....ARRGH!!

SiliconAddict
Jan 31, 2005, 11:37 AM
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

*nervous twitch*

What the heck has happened to Macrumors? Since MW I see this error at least twice if not five times a day. Does anyone know what's up? This is starting to get REALLY irritating. Do we need to all kick in some cash and get MR a new server? :D :(

Peterkro
Jan 31, 2005, 11:40 AM
It happens at least to me when the US wakes up.The Pb updates don't help either.God help us if Slashdot links a story. :)

russed
Jan 31, 2005, 12:58 PM
yup i get the same. its soooo annoying!

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2005, 01:02 PM
It's happening all the time. When the contribution system is back you tight bastards can put some money towards fixing the problem! ;) :D :p

iGav
Jan 31, 2005, 01:10 PM
Do we need to all kick in some cash and get MR a new server? :D :(

it's not that... ;) it's edesign, MR's prolific postin' pimp that's hogging all the bandwidth! heheheh

combatcolin
Jan 31, 2005, 01:49 PM
Always fun tryin to talk to other Mac fans when theirs been a big release.

Whats more exciting?

What Apple have released

OR

Will Macrumors let me in????????

crap freakboy
Jan 31, 2005, 02:07 PM
it's not that... ;) it's edesign, MR's prolific postin' pimp that's hogging all the bandwidth! heheheh

ROFL... :D :D

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2005, 02:15 PM
Check the stats, it's wdlove or Mr. A...nothing to do with me...:D

Mechcozmo
Jan 31, 2005, 06:19 PM
Check the stats, it's wdlove or Mr. A...nothing to do with me...:D

What about them pictures?

And I have a computer that can work as a server if MR needs. PIII 500MHz anyone? :p Win98? 512MB of RAM? Its all good... just don't expect your webpage to load at anything faster than a snail's crawl. Old hard disk, you see. ;)

edesignuk
Feb 1, 2005, 01:50 AM
What about them pictures?
I host any images that I post, it's very rare I attach an image to a post (which then puts extra strain on MR's servers) ;) :p

Savage Henry
Feb 1, 2005, 02:38 AM
I host any images that I post, it's very rare I attach an image to a post (which then puts extra strain on MR's servers) ;) :p

Nice try, but face it, there's scarecly a live thread on here right now that doesn't bare the Mark of Edesignuk™ ;)

The *busy* thing was a drag cos it knocked me out for hours. I wanted desperately to use the words like 'yoiks!' and 'kaboing!' in making direct references to the release of the new PBs. As I was unable to use these expressions, I ensured I said them about a hundred times to my lass instead, just to annoy her.

It worked.

You see what happens when too many people want to say too many things at the same time!!??!!

edesignuk
Feb 1, 2005, 02:55 AM
Nice try, but face it, there's scarecly a live thread on here right now that doesn't bare the Mark of Edesignuk™ ;)
LOL, there's loads of threads I haven't been anywhere near! :p

...besides...I've paid for my use of MR resources *hint hint* :D ;)

Savage Henry
Feb 1, 2005, 03:32 AM
LOL, there's loads of threads I haven't been anywhere near! :p

...besides...I've paid for my use of MR resources *hint hint* :D ;)

While I desperately search in vein for those elusive unmarked threads,(;)) I consider your final point to be incredible valid from a personal view. With the amount of good gumph of incredible value that I have gained from plundering the vast annals of MR, it only seems right that I submit a contributory Thank You.

But the title of Demi-God scares me. Feeding an ego like mine with such nomenclature would be like opening Pandora's box. One day I am a funding Demi God for an niche community website, and the next I'm a dictating ruler of a developing republic holding the western economies ransom to support the drug cartels that got me in power .....

.... you see it's all dark and messy.

russed
Feb 1, 2005, 04:54 AM
wow, what was just up with MR then. i couldnt even get onto the main page, let alone the forums!

arn
Feb 1, 2005, 06:46 AM
Sorry for the recent errors.

I don't think it's necessarily a pure resource issue. The server has been having some issues lately beyond which is easily explainable by today's traffic alone. I am looking into it, but hopefully we'll get it resolved soon.

arn

Platform
Feb 1, 2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry for the recent errors.

I don't think it's necessarily a pure resource issue. The server has been having some issues lately beyond which is easily explainable by today's traffic alone. I am looking into it, but hopefully we'll get it resolved soon.

arn

What servers do you acually use :confused: and how many :confused:

PickledSquirrel
Feb 1, 2005, 03:17 PM
* desperate hammering on virtual door *

I was just helping a friend who's switched and bought a new iMac. "Just you go to MR and make lots and lots of searches, and you'll find everything you need to know" But alas, the server was too busy and he had to stay on the phone with me all night.

Sunday, another switcher will be over with her new iBook, and I really really really want to introduce her to this brilliant forum... (that way, maybe I'm let of the hook as her private 24-hours telephone hotline support ;) )

-squirrel