PDA

View Full Version : MBA 13 Moshi hdmi adapter?

Mike84
Jan 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
Has anyone purchased one of these or has experience using one? I have been trying to get it to work for the past 15 minutes with no luck. I plug in the adapter into my mini display port, connect the HDMI to it, which is also connected to the TV and follow the moshi instructions. However, I cannot find additional hardware under sound nor can I find "mirror displays" under display settings. Can anyone help?

johnhalsted
Jan 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
I have that one, works perfect for me, I just plug it into the tv select the hdmi I want and it works, im pretty sure mirror works also

Mike84
Jan 17, 2011, 03:53 PM
I have that one, works perfect for me, I just plug it into the tv select the hdmi I want and it works, im pretty sure mirror works also

I figured out what I was doing. It is working properly now. Thank you!

lembowski
Jan 17, 2011, 03:54 PM
Is there a setting that you can close the lid of the MBA without the picture cutting out on the monitor/tv?

Tambourine Man
Jan 17, 2011, 10:08 PM
Is there a setting that you can close the lid of the MBA without the picture cutting out on the monitor/tv?

I think you may be asking about clamshell mode. (support.apple.com/kb/ht3131) I've never tried but it seems simple enough.

FWIW, I've used the Moshi adapter a few times and it's worked flawlessly. It is a bit on the pricey side, though. There are probably cheaper alternatives that do just as well.

Ronnoco
Jan 17, 2011, 10:30 PM
I think you may be asking about clamshell mode. (support.apple.com/kb/ht3131) I've never tried but it seems simple enough.

FWIW, I've used the Moshi adapter a few times and it's worked flawlessly. It is a bit on the pricey side, though. There are probably cheaper alternatives that do just as well.
I use clamshell mode everyday with my 15" i5 MBP connected to my Samsung 23" monitor...but when I used it with a new 13" Air at a friends connected to a 40" Samsung LCD tv, it worked for a while then I lost the audio and couldn't get it back until I disconnected the moshi and reconnected it to the Air... puzzling :confused:

shootingstar64
Jan 18, 2011, 06:16 AM
I use clamshell mode everyday with my 15" i5 MBP connected to my Samsung 23" monitor...but when I used it with a new 13" Air at a friends connected to a 40" Samsung LCD tv, it worked for a while then I lost the audio and couldn't get it back until I disconnected the moshi and reconnected it to the Air... puzzling :confused:

You have to leave the Power Supply plugged to the MBA,... otherwise clamshell-mode won´t work,.... Hope this helps

johnhalsted
Jan 18, 2011, 06:47 AM

If i remember correctly I used to use a app called insomnia on my old ibook g4 for that

EDIT: found it! http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22211/insomniax

lembowski
Jan 19, 2011, 10:42 AM
If i remember correctly I used to use a app called insomnia on my old ibook g4 for that

EDIT: found it! http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22211/insomniax

Awesome! Thanks