Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I recently picked up one of these and am liking it so far. Originally I wanted the 5th gen but couldn't find any decent ones around. Anyways, I've been noticing some quirks with the battery on mine and wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues with the newest Nano.

When it arrived it had about half battery full. I charged it up overnight until it reached full capacity and began using it. I only really use this for the gym so it's not like it gets used very heavily. After about an hour or so, the battery meter read 1/3 full. I drained the battery completely and recharged again, back up to full charge, the used it again for about an hour. Again, it read the battery had 1/3 power remaining.

The weird issue now is that the battery meter is completely empty but the nano still plays. I've been using it for about 2 hours and the thing still keeps playing. I went so far as to restore it (thinking that would fix the issue) but no, it still does the same thing each and every time.

I'm assuming I may have a unit with a defective battery however I just wanted to see if any other 6th gen nano owners were having this issue or if it's completely isolated to me only. Thanks.

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
The battery probably just needs calibrated. Let it run down til it turns itself off, then leave it overnight so it's really empty. Then charge it all the way: not just until it says it's full. Leave it for at least 12 hours.

It should read more accurately after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.