PDA

View Full Version : issues with bluetooth keyboard

iKwick7
Jan 31, 2005, 09:14 PM
Has anyone had any problems with their BT Keyboard? I bought the combo with my mini, and the keyboard has since been giving me problems. At first I thought it was just the bluetooth losing signal repeatedly, but I think I figured it out.

The piece of plastic that covers the batteries, I believe, is giving me problems. I think its loose. Since their are only the one "screw" at each end to hold it down, I believe it is sagging in the middle and, I guess, causing the batteries to become ever so slightly loose. If I push the cover in tight while typing, I have no problems, so I know that this must be it.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

PlaceofDis
Jan 31, 2005, 09:28 PM
i dont have this problem, i have had mine for about a year now i would say, the battery cover locks on pretty well so i have no sagging in the middle

if the problem persists give apple a call or take it in to an apple store

iKwick7
Jan 31, 2005, 10:02 PM
taking it to an apple store on friday, was just curious if anyone had this problem. It's definately the cover. You can't really notice its sagging unless you look at it carefully.

mcmav37
Jan 31, 2005, 10:05 PM
taking it to an apple store on friday, was just curious if anyone had this problem. It's definately the cover. You can't really notice its sagging unless you look at it carefully.

I would make sure the batteries are completely in place because with the springs pushing from the sides, the natural tendency is for the battery column to "bow" in the middle where two batteries meet. Theoretically, if the batteries in are correctly, you shouldn't need any pressure from the middle of the cover to push them back.