PDA

View Full Version : external backup battery for iPad?

Evancx3
Jan 18, 2011, 10:45 PM
I have recently been hunting for a external backup battery for my iPad. So last weekend i went to the mall and take a look at the Powerback from Kensington. It's a cool unit. However, I found that it really adds some weight to the iPad, not to mention that iPad is already quite weighty. Also, Powerback's kickstand doesn't rest well on my lap when I put into typing angle mode. On top of all that, the screen and the bezel of the iPad is completely exposed, It bothers me if I put into my bag pack where god knows what really happens in there when i am on the move.
For all the iPad users out there, please help me find the perfect backup battery case, Thanks very much !!:)

Evancx3
Jan 19, 2011, 11:02 AM
either no one has found the need for backup battery or there isn't a good one to recommend?
anyway, i will contribute when I finally find one.

iphone1105
Jan 19, 2011, 12:45 PM
either no one has found the need for backup battery or there isn't a good one to recommend?
anyway, i will contribute when I finally find one.

If you need a backup battery for your iPad, then your battery must be bad, I use my iPad heavy, all day, all day, and never ever have charge. You must use yours a ton!:p

The Green Mac
Jan 19, 2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.hypershop.com/

Evancx3
Jan 19, 2011, 08:32 PM
If you need a backup battery for your iPad, then your battery must be bad, I use my iPad heavy, all day, all day, and never ever have charge. You must use yours a ton!:p

I actually did some testing myself. With browsing, chatting, gaming and everything else put together. I could squeeze out about 6-7 hours of battery usage. I bet you don't do much intensive 3D games, yeah?

Evancx3
Jan 19, 2011, 08:34 PM
http://www.hypershop.com/

Thanks for the link, but i need something that would go along with my iPad. Basically sth that my iPad could wear.

Evancx3
Jan 19, 2011, 08:44 PM
I found this on random search. Look like a good fit for my iPad. But i can't find their website yet. Probably still under construction or sth...hope to get more info on that..

iphone1105
Jan 20, 2011, 02:55 PM
I actually did some testing myself. With browsing, chatting, gaming and everything else put together. I could squeeze out about 6-7 hours of battery usage. I bet you don't do much intensive 3D games, yeah?

I do 3D Gaming daily actually. I play Madden for at least 30 min, and Infinity Blade and Modern Combat 2 for another good 30min each. Is that heavy gaming, maybe not. But I do surf a lot, all on 3G. Netflix too, but I do tons of typing on my ipad. Reading books too, maybe thats why I can get more useage?

I'll keep an eye out on my useage next full charge!

Evancx3
Feb 18, 2011, 04:58 AM
At last, the Product i found last time has finally showed up at www.wekreat.com
It's from a design and tech company, the external battery case is called "Bento"
Now i just need to find out where I can get it. They also offer some nice quality accessories on their site. Don't really know where they are from but i traced their server and they seem to be base in California. Anyway, just some friendly sharing to the Apple fans out there who might like them.:)

SFStateStudent
Feb 22, 2011, 08:20 PM
+1 ^^^ Nice one! I'm using the same battery charger that I use with my iPhone 4 = Richard Solo and a Belkin Charger as well...:cool:

Evancx3
Feb 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for sharing. But you can find plenty of this kinda back-up battery out there with even sleeker design and add-values. I am looking for a more versatile solution not just abt charging your device, but also protects and serves as a stand. I think Bento from www.wekreat.com worths a try.
I will post my review when I get one.

xraytech
Feb 23, 2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for sharing. But you can find plenty of this kinda back-up battery out there with even sleeker design and add-values. I am looking for a more versatile solution not just abt charging your device, but also protects and serves as a stand. I think Bento from www.wekreat.com worths a try.
I will post my review when I get one.

Try this...

http://us.kensington.com/html/17806.html

Evancx3
Feb 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
Try this...

Thanks for the input. But i already checked it out at the store and started this thread with my comment about the powerback.

deweyjohnson
Feb 26, 2011, 08:09 AM
Try this...

watched the video on the product page. seems to be a cool battery pack case. thanks for sharing. :D

Evancx3
Mar 1, 2011, 11:05 PM
I am receiving my Bento this weekend! I will give you guys a thorough review on the product once i got it. You guys should check it out at www.wekreat.com
They have some really nice products. My buddy in seattle purchased the Panoply Croc and really like it. Sturdy stand position and high quality product finish. Highly recommend!

Evancx3
Mar 1, 2011, 11:15 PM
Forgot to mention, i notice that Bento has an additonal USB charging output for iphone charging!!!! Which is a plus! Now i don't have to carry a powerbank and its cable with me where ever I go. So its now just Bento, iPad, iPhone and me......hehe...their sales representative specifically told me that Bento will be compatible with iPad 2. So I didn't hesitate to get it, knowing that I am bound to get an iPad 2 when its out.

gramw
Mar 2, 2011, 11:18 AM
Proporta Turbo Charger 5000. Has 2 USBs so you can charge iPad and iPhone at the same time