View Full Version : First steps with Air battery
Jan 19, 2011, 06:13 AM
I'm going to receive this afternoon my brand new Mac Book Air 13" from China and I've got some questions regarding the first steps to follow with battery. Do I have to charge it till the end in the first time? Or I have to use it with the charge that comes by default and once it is uncharged plug it to complete a whole cycle?
Jan 19, 2011, 06:52 AM
It's good to calibrate a battery within the first week of its life cycle.
Here's how you do it:
To calibrate a portable computer battery:
1. Plug in the MagSafe Power Adapter and fully charge the battery.
When the battery is fully charged, the light on the MagSafe Power Adapter connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is charged.
2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer.
You can use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
3. With the computer still on, disconnect the power adapter and continue to use your computer.
4. When you see the low battery warning, save your work and close all applications. Keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep.
5. After your computer goes to sleep, turn it off or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
6. Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged.
You can use your computer during this time.
Jan 19, 2011, 11:15 AM
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)