Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smitty8202

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
I have a few questions for you guys. I have been wanting to make applications for mac for some time now. i do not own an ipad or a iphone 4 so making apps for them is kinda out of the question so mac is my best bet. i have absoulty no experence in programming. i have bough a book and am currently working through it. but would like to know how did you guys get started in programming. i am also starting college classes in febuary to get my ba in computer science so what classes should i take if my ultimate goal is to be a software engineer. any info would help thank you for your time.

Hansr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2007
How do you learn programming? Sit down read a book and start writing code. Then write more code. Finally keep writing more code.

I always find it weird that people think they want to go to computer science and then switch over to software engineering when they haven't coded anything in there life. I don't want to sound discouraging but why are you so sure that's what you want to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.