Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I've been searching all over and can't find anything recent about the Apple TV app store. I can't say it's something that I absolutely need, but it sure would be awesome. I mean, what other reason would Apple have for including the 8GB?

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
No news on an Apple TV App store. Apple included 8 GB of storage so you can stream movies without hiccups. They wanted room for more than one item at a time, so if you stop and start more than one movie/show, it won't have to redownload the entire thing.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
There hasn't been much mention of lately. However, keep in mind the Mac App Store just launched.

Jobs said they "could" launch an App Store for the Apple TV at the "right time."

I would say the right time is WWDC, but I guess we'll see.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I'm getting anxious here. I really want an App Store, :D. Has anyone heard anything since we last spoke?

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
An app store for the ATV would make our ATV's a complete home media center ( for us). I have an iPad and I love the apps and what they can add to the experience. Second best option would be to open up all of the apps on th iPad to air play video to the ATV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.