PDA

View Full Version : Going to sleep stop system update?

Narkotiq
Jan 20, 2011, 06:50 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hello all, just got my new MacBook air 11 yesterday and absolutely lovin it.

One question: I tried to do the first system update (about 1.2gb) - I decided to close the lid and leave it overnight, when I woke up this morning the update has not been downloaded, Im just asking: when the MBA is in sleep mode does that cancel system updates and other downloads?

Thanks for any help folks!

Boston007
Jan 20, 2011, 07:18 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hello all, just got my new MacBook air 11 yesterday and absolutely lovin it.

One question: I tried to do the first system update (about 1.2gb) - I decided to close the lid and leave it overnight, when I woke up this morning the update has not been downloaded, Im just asking: when the MBA is in sleep mode does that cancel system updates and other downloads?

Thanks for any help folks!

Of course it will cancel it. When you put it to sleep, you are basically shutting it off. The wireless connection closes so you can't download anything. But even if it was all downloaded and you closed the lid, you are shutting it off, so nothing will get installed.

You should keep the mba plugged in and on when doing software installs, especially system updates, so you potentially don't corrupt anything.