PDA

View Full Version : Download iOS SDK and Xcode from devcenter

BacklitFirefly
Jan 20, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm logged into devcenter, and under downloads, I click the download link to Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2 -- and a new browser tab opens up with the address to the download ending in .dmg

but nothing downloads. I thought it was something with the site a few days ago and decided to try back later, but I'm still getting the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

balamw
Jan 20, 2011, 07:32 PM
a new browser tab opens up with the address to the download ending in .dmg
It shouldn't open in a tab. Are you using Safari or another browser.

B

BacklitFirefly
Jan 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
Safari, yes.

MACAPALOOZA
Jan 20, 2011, 07:48 PM
I downloaded the same file two days ago and nothing like this happened. It just started downloading. It didn't open in a new window. But when I tried to download it just not to check if it was working, it opened into a new window. I don't know why it is doing this... I think it may be something with the website.

firewood
Jan 20, 2011, 07:53 PM
I would try the right-click download-as option, and see if that works.

You might also want to do the usual voodoo of logging out, emptying the Safari cache and restarting it.

balamw
Jan 20, 2011, 08:03 PM
I would try the right-click download-as option, and see if that works.

You might also want to do the usual voodoo of logging out, emptying the Safari cache and restarting it.

I just tried that and the download seemed to start, but it also worked fine just clicking on it in Safari. I had the same problem as the OP in Firefox though... Looked like an empty file.

Weird.

B

BacklitFirefly
Jan 20, 2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks, I'll try that voodoo and see if that works.

BacklitFirefly
Jan 20, 2011, 08:12 PM
Seems to have worked! Thanks.:cool: