PDA

View Full Version : Please help the newbie: Question about demo's and serialing your apps

mercutio2
Feb 1, 2005, 10:02 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind answering a few questions for a newbie developer? I just created a screen saver that I want to distribute online (sell on VersionTracker), but I would like to serialize it and have it work for only 14 days if the person does not pay for it, and register it with a serial number.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me a tip on how to do this? I've already created the screen saver and used Install Gadget to make the liscense and installer, I'm just trying to figure out how to make a 14 day demo period after the user installs the screen saver and how to create a serial number entry field where the user could enter the serial number after they pay the $5 fee for the app.

Maybe these are basic questions, but I'm totally new to this and would appreciate feedback!

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Michael

robbieduncan
Feb 2, 2005, 04:43 AM
Unless you are really hardcore and want to set up your own payment processing system and the rest then go with a third party. Someone like eSellerate (http://www.esellerate.net/)

(Disclaimer: I give my software away for free so have never used eSellerate but I remember that people who do sell shareware quite like them)