PDA

View Full Version : Looking for note taking app

jer446
Jan 21, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on a good note taking app for a college student. I have tried several and I cannot find one that fits my needs. Most of my teachers post powerpoint files that normally everyone prints out.

I would like to be able to annotate the slides if needed. I have been using keynote and writing my notes in presenter mode which works okay, but I find that there is no way that I know of to organize all of my presentations by class.

Also, I would like a way to draw on the slides.

I have tried apps like noterize and a few others, but I found they did not properly display the presentations nor would they display full screen.

So what is the best note taking app?

bluespider
Jan 21, 2011, 12:46 PM
penultimate is the best i've seen and used. Buy a $20 stylus and it's a notebook in your hands.

jer446
Jan 21, 2011, 01:02 PM
I actually have tried pen ultimate but am I able to import power points into it?

NDChemist
Jan 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
I have used both Notes Plus and Note Taker HD extensively for the past month. I love Notes Plus for taking meeting notes, it has a much better "pen to paper" feel than Note Taker HD but lacks the PDF Annotation feature of Note Taker HD. I use Note Taker HD to write notes directly on PDFs I have for Excel, Word and Powerpoint documents. I just up load the PDF's I want to my iDisk account and store them all with Goodreader for viewing. If I need to put some notes on one, I open it in Note Taker HD and write away. Get a good stylus (I use Stylus-R-Us and really like it) and start writing your notes. If Notes Plus gets the PDF annotation feature (due in the next couple updates), then I would probably use that solely.

FubsyGamr
Jan 21, 2011, 02:54 PM
I just wanted to add in my $0.02, and say that I use Note Taker HD for school, and I absolutely love it! It works great for Math and Engineering notes, as well as my Programming Classes. And now, with the quick PDFannotation ability, I find it absolutely priceless. I use it with the BoxWave Capacitive Stylus, and the YooBao Magic Case, and it is awesome!

ksmith80209
Jan 22, 2011, 02:19 PM
So I've been on this quest to find the best iPad note-taking app. I like the zoom mode of Note Taker HD, but find the UI too busy and unintuitive. I love the pen fluidity of Penultimate, but can only fit a few words per line. Notes Plus has been my go to app, but it gets sluggish with lots of text on the page.

Enter "Note Shelf." So far - this looks really good. Think of it as the pen from Penultimate combined with the zoom feature from Notes Plus/Note Taker HD. Simple interface, a ibooks-like bookshelf for notebooks - in all, a really nice app. Worth it just for the way the erasers pop out! Oh - and Dropbox integration for exports! For me this will replace Notes Plus as my primary notes app.