PDA

View Full Version : No new icon after jailbreak!

still in school
Jan 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
I have a 4th Gen iPod Touch and I used Green Poison AND Limera1n, both of which says the jailbreak was successful but no icons were installed for me to install Cydia. Can anyone help?

SpiritJb
Jan 26, 2011, 10:47 AM
I have a 4th Gen iPod Touch and I used Green Poison AND Limera1n, both of which says the jailbreak was successful but no icons were installed for me to install Cydia. Can anyone help?

Please provide more detail.

I don't know your firmware version (btw limera1n nor gp works with 4.2.1).
I don't know if your definition of no icon correlates to ghost icons or not.
I don't know if you used the loader to install cydia or not.

Please reply with the needed information.

Synthion
Jan 26, 2011, 02:55 PM
I had a similar problem, run through the steps.

If you are running 4.2.1 stop reading, they will say it's "jailbroken", but it is really not.

1. I used Limera1n and did not receive an icon either. I had to use Greenpois0n.

2. When you used GreenPois0n, did you see command-line run on your touch? If not, it's not jailbroken.

3. Try redsn0w, it's not as simple, but it is way more effective.

4. If you... Wait... I thought it was impossible to jailbreak a iPT 4G right now!:eek:

SpiritJb
Jan 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
I had a similar problem, run through the steps.

If you are running 4.2.1 stop reading, they will say it's "jailbroken", but it is really not.

1. I used Limera1n and did not receive an icon either. I had to use Greenpois0n.

2. When you used GreenPois0n, did you see command-line run on your touch? If not, it's not jailbroken.

3. Try redsn0w, it's not as simple, but it is way more effective.

4. If you... Wait... I thought it was impossible to jailbreak a iPT 4G right now!:eek:

Yes you can jailbreak ipt4g.

jimstewart
Jan 27, 2011, 08:53 AM
Mine is a 4.2.1 version and i have a similar problem with my iphone ... It is so so annoying !!:mad:

jimstewart
Jan 27, 2011, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=jimstewart;11797967]Mine is a 4.2.1 version and i have a similar problem with my iphone ... It is so so annoying !!

SpiritJb
Jan 27, 2011, 11:39 AM
Mine is a 4.2.1 version and i have a similar problem with my iphone ... It is so so annoying !!:mad:

You can't use limera1n and gp to jailbreak 4.2.1.

ECUpirate44
Jan 27, 2011, 11:45 AM
Use Redsnow. It's tethered, but how often do you turn off your ipod?