PDA

View Full Version : IOGEAR Bluetooth Mini Mouse vs. Radtech

beaster
Feb 2, 2005, 01:13 AM
Hi folks-

My new 12" PB is on its way from Shanghai, and I've started shopping for a nice BT mouse to go along with it. My requirements: at least 2 main buttons and a 3rd button on a clickable scroll wheel, on/off switch, and BT (no dongles allowed). Bonus for rechargable batteries or at least decent battery life. I was about to order a Radtech BT500 after doing searches on this forum and seeing some positives reviews in the mags, when I stumbled on this from IOGear:

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GME225B

Looks like it has just about everything I'd like - and nice touch with the ability to recharge over USB and still have the mouse function while wired/charging. But a forum search didn't turn up any reviews. Anybody have experience with this product? Is the wheel clickable (i.e. does it function as a 3rd button)? Does it track well, wake from sleep quickly, etc.?

Thanks,
Sean

dav
Feb 2, 2005, 04:30 PM
I love my BT500..

The size is awesome, its beautiful.. Just get some rechargeable batteries and you are set.

My one complaint: Clicking is a little loud

beaster
Feb 3, 2005, 02:12 AM
I love my BT500..

The size is awesome, its beautiful.. Just get some rechargeable batteries and you are set.

My one complaint: Clicking is a little loud

Cool, another vote for the BT500. Nobody a fan of the IOGear? Surprised there aren't at least a few folks who have tried it. Maybe it's still too new a product?

Thanks,
Sean

Gizmotoy
Feb 15, 2005, 08:09 AM
I was just doing a search for the IOGear mouse because I hadn't seen it mentioned on here before. I don't know if you made your decision or not, but I think the IOGear is much better than the Bluetake. It comes with rechargeable batteries, and a cable that lets you charge them via your USB port while you're using the mouse, if necessary. It even comes with a little semi-rigid PowerBook colored case to keep the mouse and cable in.

The tracking speed seems to be much greater than that of the Bluetake. Overall, the IOGear just seems more responsive. I'm very impressed at its performance, given the price.

Anyway, probably the reason you haven't gotten any responses about it is because it just came out a little over a week ago (two days before you posted, to be exact). I've noticed that most places are sold out. I got mine on Amazon.com (it was the #15 early adopter item at the time), but they've since sold out. You may be able to find it elsewhere.

mcgarry
Feb 15, 2005, 10:50 AM
correct me if I'm wrong ... but is the IOGEAR even smaller than the BT500 (8.6x5 vs. 8.3x3.8)? That's a seriously small mouse. I've used the BT500 everyday for a few weeks now, and I'm still not sold on its size. It could be great for someone, and you do get used to it more or less, I just recommend trying it out first if you can.

The BT500 is great features-wise, but the size can be too small for some and battery life has not been great: I'm only getting 6-8 days with moderate to heavy use, though I could start buying nicer batteries I guess.

Gizmotoy
Feb 15, 2005, 08:40 PM
It's true, the mouse is definately narrow. The length difference is negligable. I've used both pretty extensively now, and although it is quite a bit thinner, I prefer the way the IOGear fits in my hand. I pretty much use it with three fingers. It took about a day to get used to, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. Down the road it may not be as appealing, who knows, but I'm happy with its size at this point.

As a note, I ordered the IOGear as a replacement for the HUGE monster of BT mice, the MS Intellimouse Explorer. The IOGear seems downright tiny in comparison. Fits in nicely with my 12" PB, though.

beaster
Feb 16, 2005, 01:24 PM
It's true, the mouse is definately narrow. The length difference is negligable. I've used both pretty extensively now, and although it is quite a bit thinner, I prefer the way the IOGear fits in my hand. I pretty much use it with three fingers. It took about a day to get used to, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. Down the road it may not be as appealing, who knows, but I'm happy with its size at this point.

As a note, I ordered the IOGear as a replacement for the HUGE monster of BT mice, the MS Intellimouse Explorer. The IOGear seems downright tiny in comparison. Fits in nicely with my 12" PB, though.

Thanks for the reply. One quick question if you don't mind - can you confirm whether or not the IOGear's wheel is clickable? i.e. does it function as a middle mouse button? This is a big deal for me, since I love using the middle button for Expose.

Thanks,
Sean