PDA

View Full Version : Could Apple make a two-button mouse?

ClarkeB
Feb 2, 2005, 07:51 AM
We know many people complain about the one button Apple Pro Mouse. Well, could Apple make two button functionality in the Pro Mouse? Would a second button be possible as the first button, pushing lightly forward, with pushing lightly backward? Then, people who don't want the second button functionality, you would be able to open the button like you do now to tighten/loosen the button clicking or replace the battery (BT). Just a little switch and it would prevent the back from being pushed down.

Would it work?

wrldwzrd89
Feb 2, 2005, 07:58 AM
We know many people complain about the one button Apple Pro Mouse. Well, could Apple make two button functionality in the Pro Mouse? Would a second button be possible as the first button, pushing lightly forward, with pushing lightly backward? Then, people who don't want the second button functionality, you would be able to open the button like you do now to tighten/loosen the button clicking or replace the battery (BT). Just a little switch and it would prevent the back from being pushed down.

Would it work?
If I were in charge of such a product, I'd implement the switch functionality as a miniature switch on the inside rather than a screw on the inside. If Apple found a good way to design it, they could put the mini switch on the outside of the mouse too.

Personally, I find the Apple Pro Mouse to be a bit of a pain when you have to pick it up since it's hard to hold the mouse in such a way as to maintain downward pressure on the button when you're trying to drag something. Adding that functionality would make my plight worse, I think.