PDA

View Full Version : PC SLOT FOR 12" POWER BOOKS

Macnovice
Feb 2, 2005, 08:35 AM
Why can't there be a PC slot for the 12" power book?
A laptop user for over 10 years, one thing I learn about laptops that suits me is small and light, easy boot up, and connectivity!
I am a PC user (hiss hiss!!!) that is trying to get into Mac after being thoroughly impressed with the ipod (sigh another convert..) and hearing all the wonders of graphics with Macs. I am torn with getting into the entry level mac mini versus the 12" laptop. I have a wireless internet service that uses the PCMCIA. I am reluctant to buy the new 12" power book because of the lack of internet connectivity! Guess I will stick to my Acer 10.4" Tablet PC until apple comes up with a laptop that is small, light, long battery life, and a PC slot!

caveman_uk
Feb 2, 2005, 09:54 AM
What's wrong with the 802.11g card all Apple laptops come with as standard?

Failing that it comes with a modem and ethernet so it sounds pretty well connected to me :rolleyes:

Jeromie
Feb 2, 2005, 09:54 AM
The 12" Powerbook has built in wireless support that will almost certainly be compatible with your internet provider. Unless, of course, they use a different standard than the rest of the known world. And that would just be silly. :p

mkrishnan
Feb 2, 2005, 10:08 AM
The 12" Powerbook has built in wireless support that will almost certainly be compatible with your internet provider. Unless, of course, they use a different standard than the rest of the known world. And that would just be silly. :p

Is Macnovice talking about a cell wireless service, i.e. a GPRS or EDGE modem? That's a horse of a different color.... Of course if it's GPRS, you can use your phone as a bluetooth modem without wires, and log in through it while it's in your purse/backpack/briefcase/whatever. Dunno if there are any BT phones that will get you on the higher-speed networks like EDGE though....