PDA

View Full Version : Pitching App

CJPennypacker
Jan 23, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone!
I made a new app called Pitch Speed Pro. Basically, you hold your iPod, and make a pitching motion, and the app tells you how fast your fastball would be. I'm real excited about it, and was looking for some constructive feedback. I made it free for the next day or two, so could you let me know what you think?

Here's the link, and thank you so much!

Pitch Speed Pro (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pitch-speed-pro/id414768730?mt=8)

Interstella5555
Jan 23, 2011, 12:09 PM
Oh man, please tell me you're kidding.

EDIT - Apparently you're not kidding. Can you walk me through your thought process when you were developing this app?

ucfgrad93
Jan 23, 2011, 12:15 PM
While I applaud your efforts OP, the last thing I want to do is hold my iPhone and make a throwing motion as hard as I can.

Givmeabrek
Jan 23, 2011, 12:24 PM
Ha, ha....must be a joke. Reminds me of the Wii controllers hitting the large screen TV's.

This isn't the place for spam....... :mad:

JRoDDz
Jan 23, 2011, 12:36 PM
Please tell me you are joking?

What is going to be your encore app? Hammer force? "Test the g-force strike of your hammer." (disclaimer: this app can only be used one time)

Or how about an app for plumbers. "iFlushIt" Have a clogged toilet? Not a problem. :)

JohnRiverton
Jan 23, 2011, 01:16 PM
i downloaded it and its actually pretty cool. i think jroddz thinks you actually throw it, but you hold it in your hand kinda like wii. as long as youre not retarded you wont break it. i clocked at 68mph (thanks babe ruth league haha!)

JRoDDz
Jan 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
i downloaded it and its actually pretty cool. i think jroddz thinks you actually throw it, but you hold it in your hand kinda like wii. as long as youre not retarded you wont break it. i clocked at 68mph (thanks babe ruth league haha!)

Of course you don't throw it. But one false slip and your iPhone goes hurdling into the nearest inanimate object = 1 broken iPhone.

JohnRiverton
Jan 23, 2011, 04:06 PM
haha idk, as long as u don't have a stroke i think you'll be ok ;)

CJPennypacker
Jan 24, 2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I mean I understand being cautious, but no one ever even dropped it during testing. As long as you have a good grip you should be more than fine.

PS: John, was there anything that you would change? (Goes for anyone else with suggestions too haha)

CJPennypacker
Jan 25, 2011, 07:07 AM
BTW: Pitch Speed Pro is now featured as the number one new and noteworthy entertainment app, so clearly some people like it ;). If you want to download it, you should go soon, before a price increase.