Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CJPennypacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
Hey everyone!
I made a new app called Pitch Speed Pro. Basically, you hold your iPod, and make a pitching motion, and the app tells you how fast your fastball would be. I'm real excited about it, and was looking for some constructive feedback. I made it free for the next day or two, so could you let me know what you think?

Here's the link, and thank you so much!

Pitch Speed Pro

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Oh man, please tell me you're kidding.

EDIT - Apparently you're not kidding. Can you walk me through your thought process when you were developing this app?

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
While I applaud your efforts OP, the last thing I want to do is hold my iPhone and make a throwing motion as hard as I can.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Ha, ha....must be a joke. Reminds me of the Wii controllers hitting the large screen TV's.

This isn't the place for spam....... :mad:

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Please tell me you are joking?

What is going to be your encore app? Hammer force? "Test the g-force strike of your hammer." (disclaimer: this app can only be used one time)

Or how about an app for plumbers. "iFlushIt" Have a clogged toilet? Not a problem. :)

Last edited:

JohnRiverton

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
i downloaded it and its actually pretty cool. i think jroddz thinks you actually throw it, but you hold it in your hand kinda like wii. as long as youre not retarded you wont break it. i clocked at 68mph (thanks babe ruth league haha!)

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
i downloaded it and its actually pretty cool. i think jroddz thinks you actually throw it, but you hold it in your hand kinda like wii. as long as youre not retarded you wont break it. i clocked at 68mph (thanks babe ruth league haha!)

Of course you don't throw it. But one false slip and your iPhone goes hurdling into the nearest inanimate object = 1 broken iPhone.

CJPennypacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
Yeah, I mean I understand being cautious, but no one ever even dropped it during testing. As long as you have a good grip you should be more than fine.

PS: John, was there anything that you would change? (Goes for anyone else with suggestions too haha)

CJPennypacker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
BTW: Pitch Speed Pro is now featured as the number one new and noteworthy entertainment app, so clearly some people like it ;). If you want to download it, you should go soon, before a price increase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.