Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
Hi! I am going to purchase an iPod Touch 4th Generation in a few days, and I am adamant on protecting it as soon as I get it. I have been looking at a few cases, and have narrowed it down to my two favourites; the Switcheasy Rebel and the Speck Candyshell (both in white).

I have currently heard nothing bad about the Rebel, though I am not 100% keen on the back (but I am growing to like it more). I am also concerned about the bottom, does it become saggy like the iPhone 3G/S version did?
I have heard that the iPhone 4 version of the Candyshell develops an 'eraser' effect where the rubber 'bezel' can peel off. However, I do not know if this happens on the iPod Touch version (the white moonshine one).

If anyone has these cases I would be very grateful if you could provide some feedback as I do not want to spend £20 unless I am sure that it is what I want.

Also, if anyone has any other cases that they recommend more than these two, please can you share your thoughts on them? (Not the Otterbox cases please, I really dislike those!)

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: Screen protectors and other accessories do not matter to me, as I already have a Power Support matte screen protector for the 2G iPod that I shall drill a circular hole in for the camera! (hopefully that works!) ;)

Last edited:

Plooney

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2010
Hi! I am going to purchase an iPod Touch 4th Generation in a few days, and I am adamant on protecting it as soon as I get it. I have been looking at a few cases, and have narrowed it down to my two favourites; the Switcheasy Rebel and the Speck Candyshell (both in white).

I have currently heard nothing bad about the Rebel, though I am not 100% keen on the back (but I am growing to like it more). I am also concerned about the bottom, does it become saggy like the iPhone 3G/S version did?
I have heard that the iPhone 4 version of the Candyshell develops an 'eraser' effect where the rubber 'bezel' can peel off. However, I do not know if this happens on the iPod Touch version (the white moonshine one).

If anyone has these cases I would be very grateful if you could provide some feedback as I do not want to spend £20 unless I am sure that it is what I want.

Also, if anyone has any other cases that they recommend more than these two, please can you share your thoughts on them? (Not the Otterbox cases please, I really dislike those!)

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: Screen protectors and other accessories do not matter to me, as I already have a Power Support matte screen protector for the 2G iPod that I shall drill a circular hole in for the camera! (hopefully that works!) ;)

From my experience, screen shields won't work. The 2G iPod touch has a slightly wider display, so as a result by using these screen shields on the 4G iPod touch, there will be some excess on the sides. You can try for yourself if you like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.