PDA

View Full Version : somebody help!

hkala
Feb 2, 2005, 01:18 PM
ok..first off, i love my powerbook to death!
but the fact that the battery only gets an hour en half max is killing me.
yeah i can tweek it to get a couple x-tra minutes but i want more.
any ideas out there?
thanx

stoid
Feb 2, 2005, 01:25 PM
How old is your powerbook?

If it's new and only getting 90 minutes of battery life, Apple should replace your battery for free. They did for me anyway.

Otherwise if it's in the neighborhood of 18-24 months old, the battery doesn't hold it's charge as well anymore, so you may want to just buy a new battery.

Applespider
Feb 2, 2005, 01:31 PM
First off, make sure you've calibrated the battery. Let it run down until the PB turns itself off and then recharge it - full instructions in your manual.

When it's on battery power, turn off airport and bluetooth if you don't need them. Take it down a few brightness points (F1) and make sure that your Energy Saver settings are on 'Longest Battery Life' in the system preferences. Shut down programs that you aren't using and you'll get longer too.

I get about 2hr 30 on my year old 15" with Airport on

And another tip, rather than a vague thread name, it's worthwhile relating it to the question (ie Help with extending Powerbook battery". You'll get help faster.

andiwm2003
Feb 2, 2005, 03:30 PM
ok..first off, i love my powerbook to death!
but the fact that the battery only gets an hour en half max is killing me.
yeah i can tweek it to get a couple x-tra minutes but i want more.
any ideas out there?
thanx

my ~9 month 15" al rev C. 1.5 GHz with 512 Mb, 4200 HD at standard energy saving settings with Airport on runs for 3hrs to 3hrs 30min including occasional cd-rom use. normal workload, word, safari, iphoto.

seems something is wrong with your energy settings. if not, call apple.

andi