Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone4mom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
I bought my 4 children each an iPhone 4 for Xmas. We are having a family reunion April 19th and I want to buy them each a matching case but in different colors. I have 3 boys and 1 girl. One boy is 28, the other 35 and the oldest 37, my daughter is 30. They all like cool cases. Please help me. :)

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
I bought my 4 children each an iPhone 4 for Xmas. We are having a family reunion April 19th and I want to buy them each a matching case but in different colors. I have 3 boys and 1 girl. One boy is 28, the other 35 and the oldest 37, my daughter is 30. They all like cool cases. Please help me. :)

atomiciphonecase.com all the way

they have zillion color combos and lifetime guarantee.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
If you want a unique,beautiful,true aluminum case then you should look at the e13tron case. They have all different colors combination plus none or very minimal signal loss as per reviews on here. The atomic look just like the Vapor plus they have a ton of fake vapor on ebay. So nothing unique about those cases there.

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
first off, great mom for buying your kids 4's for christmas =)

I would look at Speck cases..or maybe SGP...depending on level of protection needed.

POWZa

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
can you adopt me please? :)
kiddin'..as said, e13ctron/atomic would be nice choice, but it also depends on you budger for it as they are not cheap.

cheeseblock

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
SLC, UT
how bout the plain old apple bumpers? they have good colors, and a nice minimalistic case design, and you can still see most of the iphone4's beauty. only problem is they shouldn't be $30

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Speck Candyshells.

They come in a bunch of colors, are easy to find in stores or on amazon, provide great protection, and take little away form the overall look and shape of the phone. The big thing is that they are generic enough to be able to be used in all environments (work or social) yet provide a distinct amount individuality becase of the colors.

While I persoanlly have a ton of cases and like some of the more "exotic" offerings like the aluminum cases mentioned above or even some of the other case companies that aren't mentioned, I found that most of those cases are situational. Not to mention that aluminum bumpers are disturbingly expensive for what you actually receive. They look great usually but the return on investment is merely visual.

In general the bumper style cases (this includes the aluminum bumpers too) don't provide enough protection overall while a case like the Otterbox Defender offers an overkill of protection. The Candyshell to me has been my go to case since late August and fits every situation I have come across. So much so that even though I own more cases than 90% of the posters (I have a huge Rubbermaid tote full of cases), I still use my original Black Candyshell I bought when I picked up my iPhone 4. True I have bought/received a couple other colors but my black one is still my favorite and most used. It is on my phone now actually albeit a little dinged up since it has been on phone through multiple vacations and work trips. Still fully functional.

Anyway, whatever you decide, good job for being a cool mom. 4 iPhones aren't cheap.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
You are number 2 in the Coolest Mom ever (sorry, my Mom is always #1)

Apple Bumpers will work. They can always get their own case later.

BrioCloud

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2009
If you have already bought your kids 4 iPhones, you're probably pretty well off. If that's the case, the E13ctron cases are the top of the line most expensive "best" aluminum case out there imo.

If you are a bit set back from 4 iPhones, I'm sure the Speck series would do.

iPhone4mom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
how bout the plain old apple bumpers? they have good colors, and a nice minimalistic case design, and you can still see most of the iphone4's beauty. only problem is they shouldn't be $30

Thank you for your suggestion. My husband likes these very much and he bought them last night on the Apple site. I am going to buy some more cases so that my children can change cases depending on their mood. I want to thank everyone for helping me.

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
Thank you for your suggestion. My husband likes these very much and he bought them last night on the Apple site. I am going to buy some more cases so that my children can change cases depending on their mood. I want to thank everyone for helping me.

Nice choice, they will like those cases. You should take a look at Vapor4 one of my favorites. They're made by Element Case. You daughter may not like it but I know your boys will. Do you know that you could have bought the bumper cases for a lot less than what you paid for them at Apple?

abraham.a

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2011

In my opinion you would ask your kids that what kind of color they have selected for themselves...? In this way you will not got tense and your work will be done clearly...

iPhone4mom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
I just want thank you for your help. My husband and I bought 4 Vapor cases plus my husband bought one for himself.

I had a party for 42 ladies on Saturday afternoon and I showed them the gifts for my children. You would be amazed at how many of them have iPhones. I told them about your wonderful site and how helpful you all are. They want to know if they can buy some nice looking cases like the ones I bought but less expensive if that is possible. They want to buy a few colors to match outfits. Which cases would you recommend?

PaulChowHK

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011

You like Chineses mother always thinking of children. Why you no buying from China company and save lots money?

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
I just want thank you for your help. My husband and I bought 4 Vapor cases plus my husband bought one for himself.

I had a party for 42 ladies on Saturday afternoon and I showed them the gifts for my children. You would be amazed at how many of them have iPhones. I told them about your wonderful site and how helpful you all are. They want to know if they can buy some nice looking cases like the ones I bought but less expensive if that is possible. They want to buy a few colors to match outfits. Which cases would you recommend?

Switcheasy TRIM or Colors, they're cheap and have tons of colors. The TRIM is $20 and the Colors is $15. Both come with a bunch of extras

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.