Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kohum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Folks,
Appreciate if you can comment on the poll question, what would you pay for my MultiMeasure app (details below). There are some apps in the similar space, that charge 3.99 or more.
Please respond in the comments indicating (1), (2), (3) or (4) --
1) 0.99 -- I would consider if it was <$
2) 1.99 -- Current price is just right.
3) 2.99 -- Certainly worth more than 1.99, if it also does this.
4) FREE-- For my use case, happy with the limitations of free version

much appreciated,
thank you,

Announcing new release of MultiMeasure a photo based measurement application for your iPad.

See MultiMeasure in action.

New release boasts of achieving high accuracy and ease of achieving pixel perfect positioning, essential for high accuracy.

MultiMeasure works off of a reference distance, and then calculates all other distances. The resulting blue print can be saved for later use or shared via email. All of this on an existing photo or newly taken photo.

There is a Free edition available, for try before you buy.

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hrm so everything I want to measure in a photo best have some sort of ruler in view to essentially calibrate it?

kohum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Hrm so everything I want to measure in a photo best have some sort of ruler in view to essentially calibrate it?

Having object of known length is nice but not required.
You can always take 1 measurement physically between any two arbitrary points and mark those points on the photo, and use that as a reference.

Hence the beauty of this app is that you can work on old/existing photos as long as you can identify some object that you can measure at a later time, like doors, windows etc..

One person is using this app for getting measurements on a floor plan...
he knows opening of a window is certain width and that is used as a reference.

kohum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
what others are saying...

A comment on YouTube Video ...

"This is a wonderful Measuring Apps.

An Essential for Architects, Engineers, Travellers who like to update their Blogs with "more Details" and Journalists etc

The Email Feature helps us to email the photo immediately after measuring.

I really like this !!!"
- tsdurai1

kohum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Only 3 days left..

Promotion ends in 3 days..
Hurry while it lasts..

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
Hmm how accurate it this? Im a property surveyor and visit a couple of houses a day. If this works as advertised it could really reduce the amount if time i had to spend measuring the square meterage, gable ends, conservatories etc of various houses and flats.

kohum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Hmm how accurate it this? Im a property surveyor and visit a couple of houses a day. If this works as advertised it could really reduce the amount if time i had to spend measuring the square meterage, gable ends, conservatories etc of various houses and flats.

The app is certainly very accurate. You can get measurements within 1/2 inch accuracy for large windows, for example.
I have some tips for achieving accuracy on the FAQ section on my site --
http://multimeasure.moplease.com/frequently-asked-questions

Try the free version to make sure it satisfies your needs.

I will soon post a You Tube video demonstrating accuracy. I took a photo of a calendar page (real paper calendar). All date boxes are of the same width.
I selected 2 boxes, 3 boxes and 4 boxes.
Used 3 boxes as a reference (6 inches), and the other widths came out to be 100% accurate (4 inch and 8 inch respectively).

kohum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Polling Question: What would you pay for this app?

Folks,
Appreciate if you can comment on the poll question, what would you pay for my MultiMeasure app (details below). There are some apps in the similar space, that charge 3.99 or more.
Please respond in the comments indicating (1), (2), (3) or (4) --
1) 0.99 -- I would consider if it was <$
2) 1.99 -- Current price is just right.
3) 2.99 -- Certainly worth more than 1.99, if it also does this.
4) FREE-- For my use case, happy with the limitations of free version

much appreciated,
thank you,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.