PDA

View Full Version : AppleTV (1st Gen) syncing unselected photo folders

MagnusVonMagnum
Jan 24, 2011, 05:15 PM
I'm having a problem with my 2nd 1st Generation Apple TV since I've started syncing photos to it now that I have a new plasma tv connected to it (I was just using it for music in that room up until now). My other unit in my home theater room is working fine in this regard.

The problem is that I have it set to sync only selected folders with a number of folders selected (just as I have with my other Apple TV unit) but unlike that unit this one is showing several folders that are NOT selected on the Apple TV itself. They appear at the bottom of the photo album list (i.e. beneath the alphabetical name of the last folder that is actually selected in iTunes to sync). If I add a folder that is NOT appearing and sync it and then remove it and re-sync it, it too will now appear at the bottom of the list. In other words, I cannot remove these folders from appearing in Apple TV! I guess the next step would be to remove them all (by turning off photo sync period) and try re-syncing again from scratch, but I can't imagine what the problem is since I've never seen my other 1st gen Apple TV have this problem. Has anyone else run into this problem before?