Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azelaya84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
I just saw a review for the otterbox commuter series for the iphone 4 and I think its a case that I would want to try out. The only one thing i didnt really like about it is the inner portion in silicone, I have an incipio sillicrylic and although i love the case dust seems to collect under the silicone part because its so soft and flimsy. I was wondering if there is a case like this but with a harder inner potion like a TPU ?

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
I just saw a review for the otterbox commuter series for the iphone 4 and I think its a case that I would want to try out. The only one thing i didnt really like about it is the inner portion in silicone, I have an incipio sillicrylic and although i love the case dust seems to collect under the silicone part because its so soft and flimsy. I was wondering if there is a case like this but with a harder inner potion like a TPU ?

Switcheasy Capsule Rebel

azelaya84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Hey techdude it was actually your review on the new blue and white that I just saw that got me really into the commuter case for the iPhone 4. I thought about the capsule rebel but I am not feeling the back too much. I Ike the look of the otterbox and my incipio. Does the silicone portion of the commuter feel tougher n tighter than the one on the sillicrylic ?

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
Hey techdude it was actually your review on the new blue and white that I just saw that got me really into the commuter case for the iPhone 4. I thought about the capsule rebel but I am not feeling the back too much. I Ike the look of the otterbox and my incipio. Does the silicone portion of the commuter feel tougher n tighter than the one on the sillicrylic ?

It actually does, plus the plastic on the commuter locks down on all 4 sides, so less lint. Even I found that the silicrylic had dust underneath when i took it off, but not with this one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.