Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I use my 3GS a lot so it's the Mophie Juice Pack Air for me. It's butt-ugly but functional, providing both power and protection. Perhaps one day Apple will offer an iPhone with a larger battery....

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I have a Gelaskin and I really like it. The only thing is the back of mine is shrinking a little bit. I emailed Gelaskins and apparently its just a thing the skins do. After emailing back and forth they actually offered to send me a new one, but I didn't take the offer as it's not much of an issue for me. All in all, I've been very please with my Gelaskin. It adds a great custom look to the iPhone. I'm also using the Case-Mate Jett. It's a bumper so it fits perfectly with the back of my Gelaskin. I think it would fit with the front of the Gelaskin as well, but I haven't tried it.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I've gone through some 8-10 different cases and covers, all top of the so called line but always find myself slapping on the bumper shortly thereafter. Every other protection builds too much. I've dropped it a number times and not a tiny scratch/dent - oh how I love the feel of the smooth, shiny, precious backplate :eek: , caressing it while talking on the phone makes me :p I can keep going...

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Recommendation: None
Manufacturer: n/a
Experience - 3 iPhones, 2 iPods, no breaks, significant scratching, death grip or any other problems.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
I love my Incase Slider. I had one on my old 3G and it saved it once when I dropped it and the case cracked and I'm sure my phone would have died if it hadn't had a case on it.

Then, I got my new iP4 slider and they made it ever better. The old 3G one was smooth plastic but the new one is rubberized, making it easier to hold and it seems thinner too.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
I have a Gelaskin and I really like it. The only thing is the back of mine is shrinking a little bit. I emailed Gelaskins and apparently its just a thing the skins do. After emailing back and forth they actually offered to send me a new one, but I didn't take the offer as it's not much of an issue for me. All in all, I've been very please with my Gelaskin. It adds a great custom look to the iPhone. I'm also using the Case-Mate Jett. It's a bumper so it fits perfectly with the back of my Gelaskin. I think it would fit with the front of the Gelaskin as well, but I haven't tried it.

Really? How bad does it shrink? Can you post a picture of your iPhone with how it looks with the Gelaskin?

I'm thinking of getting this one:

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/skins/phones/iPhone_4/Tokyo

I love Japan (Sushi, Lexus, Technology, just love it), plus the White and Red on the iPhone 4 will look really sick!

I have another question about it, will it have the text on the screen? Because it says "TOKYO Gelaskins" on the screen, and I don't want that. I can easily just replace the wallpaper, and not even have to worry about that text, right?

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
I'm not using any case/bumper/skin/....
I did for a short while (after I had dropped my iPhone3) - I tried several and found them all annoying. Every single one had one or two disadvantages. After I got the iPhone4 I tried the (free) bumper, didn't work with my 3rd party charger and I always had to take the bumper off for charging. Now I'm using the phone naked and won't try any cases never again.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I'll have a review of this later tonight :)
Edit: It's now up.

h5vpLz

Last edited:

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
Sorry for the delayed response. The shrinking isn't a huge issue. Maybe a millimiter on the bottom and even less on the sides so it's not really noticeable unless you really look for it. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

ChinaAzzi

macrumors regular
It is beyond me why anyone would pay $15 for a sticker? This things shouldn't cost more than a dollar. http://www.ledfashion.com.au/collections/iphone-4g-cases

I agree with you, a $1 is just about right. The problem is the packaging cost money plus the shipping which comes to big number when you only order 1. What would work is if small online resellers buy these where the shipping only comes to about $.20 each and then sell them with the country they are in to reduce the cost and time for snail mail. I think that would work nice.

If it is in a retail store you need to pay for the high cost retail space and that will bring the price up there but I think they could sell that product for about $5 and make a good profit. The designer should be able to make money by selling it for $1 to $2. :)

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
I love the Incase Snap in smoke. Had the bumper on before that and it was nice but the snap keeps the phone thin and adds much needed grip. Amazing case.

LeroyTheGreat38

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
I'm interested in the pinlo slice 3, incipio feather, and incase snap for my VZW iPhone. Really don't want to add any bulk whatsoever.

I was thinking about getting screen protectors instead of a case. But I'm worried about them peeling after a long period of time. Also, there are too darn many out there lol. I think I will stick with a case and no screen protector on the front. Unless there is a screen protector for the front that doesn't take away from the retina display

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
My current combo:

Sides: Luckylabs colored decals

Front/Back: Switcheasy Pure Protect +

Case: switcheasy Vulcan

I plan to get the following soon:

PS Protectors. The Switcheasy bubble on the corners sometimes when putting on cases.

A bumper. Still undecided between Agent18 Shockband and the Hula.

A marware holster.

And finally an otterbox defender for hiking.

LeroyTheGreat38

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
I think I'm gonna narrow my choices to either the Incipio Feather or Pinlo Slice 3. The Incase is just too much for me.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
After using and trying so many cases, i found myself changing cases everyday or a few times a week and I got to the point where I realized I didn't want a case so I personally Just use the phone naked with wrapsol full body and port covers and if I need a case I'll throw on the casemate tough or otterbox commuter, usually when I go out. After I take it off always reminds myself on why I'm using my Phone naked with a full body skin :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.