PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G3 Firewire Wont Boot

wfarr08
Jan 25, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hey MacRumors community,
Just Wondering what I Should do if my powerbook, that i got years ago, wont boot.. but then when I turn it on twenty minutes later, it turns on... Is It Time To Buy A New One?
:confused: :( :apple:

walterwhite
Jan 25, 2011, 01:10 PM
Hey MacRumors community,
Just Wondering what I Should do if my powerbook, that i got years ago, wont boot.. but then when I turn it on twenty minutes later, it turns on... Is It Time To Buy A New One?
:confused: :( :apple:

That will be a difficult machine to use... the G3's of any kind cant go much further than 10.3 and to really go on the internet, you need 10.4.11, and even that is becoming hard to use since Apple dropped support for 10.4 and the java scripts that are up to date are 10.5 or 10.6. That machine has limited usability... what are thinking of doing with it?

Just my 2 but any $ or stress you dump into it would be better put into a cheaper mac mini or ibook G4 or something like that.

wfarr08
Jan 25, 2011, 01:34 PM
That will be a difficult machine to use... the G3's of any kind cant go much further than 10.3 and to really go on the internet, you need 10.4.11, and even that is becoming hard to use since Apple dropped support for 10.4 and the java scripts that are up to date are 10.5 or 10.6. That machine has limited usability... what are thinking of doing with it?

Just my 2 but any $ or stress you dump into it would be better put into a cheaper mac mini or ibook G4 or something like that.

Well Heres the thing, i was using it just as a kickaround machine.. just something to experiment with..